High way patrol

Call the osp down by the state fairgrounds, you need to find your local recruiter, setup a meeting. They get you started on the application process, then onto written exam, interrogation, then fitness test. All to chase tail lights. Good luck.

We should do away with OSP and let county sheriffs and local PDs do what the OSP does. They have like 18 administrative positions for every road patrolman. Bloated state department to say the least. The county sheriffs around Ohio will all tell you that they could provide the same services for MILLIONS of $$$ less.

You have to apply on their website. They have a class starting in September, last I heard, then possibly one starting in April.

John, while it may seem excessive to have an SO, PD and OSP in the same area, all 3 are necessary. At least where I'm at, we get along really well with the local PD's and Sheriff Department. All 3 have their pros and cons.

You have to apply on their website. They have a class starting in September, last I heard, then possibly one starting in April.

John, while it may seem excessive to have an SO, PD and OSP in the same area, all 3 are necessary. At least where I'm at, we get along really well with the local PD's and Sheriff Department. All 3 have their pros and cons.
Thank you dudas728 for the info.

Back