Chili town review????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hershey your on the right track actually on a few things. Mich runs all pee wees/ kids in the A.M. and adults in the afternoon directly afterwards it cuts all the hassle of parents and kids running classes after each other and for those who only have a kid riding or and adult riding its time efficient. The kids are out early adults can take time getting there and are out early afternoon. In talking with people throughout the year around the country that race in different states and asking how the organizations are run these seem to be the consistant around the country and very prevalent in organizations out west. The one thing that I have heard a lot from people out west is that some of them are going to almost a practice race day combined type deal where you do two sets of timed practice race motos two sets of timed practice then race motos again. lots of time on the track but not sure if it would work out well in a big crowd. This is the first year with the OMA and everyone should be ecxcited and I think they really are from what I hear from people. There is finally an organization here that is willing to give to the riders and listen to the riders and actually care about the riders and events they hold!!! Can't beat that anywhere!! I personally enjoy the time at the track and I am glad to finally see some good crowds show up at each event not just once or twice a year.

1. If you want 26 motos then try this. The 2 day events with sat practice and sunday races is cool and it seems saturday crowds are large. Since tracks are fully mobilized (ie. flaggers, vendors, food and crew) Run sat as follows, or close to..... 10 am 2 rounds of practice for everyone. immediately following 1st motos for quads and pee wees practice for everyone. Prep. 2 more rounds of practice for everyone with 2nd motos following.
Sunday minis and bikes only.

2. Laps---- make all motos timed. So for example the average 4 lap moto at any given track is (just pulling this out of thin air here) 8 min. So you make all motos 8 min. Possibly the pros get 5 laps in , the average moto is 4 laps and the painfull pee wees get 2-3. The key to this is EVERYONE GETS THE SAME AMOUNT OF TIME on the track. Then everyone can stop complaining about waiting 20 min for 3 mini quads or 50cc beg riders to do their 4 laps.

5. Same rule for morning practice. The next group should be on the track in the same fashion. Practice should go by times. 830,845,9,915 ect. NOT by when people show up to the gate the first time. Run 6-8 practices or what ever is needed but only by times. It starts at 830 ant end at 10. And non pro riders shouldnt be allowed to go out in that practice. More than a few vet riders were spotted there.....

6. Stick to the scheduled times for practice and motos. This isnt the riders fault its an efficiency and coordination problem. At least a couple hours could be saved right here

Running the mini's first is the best idea ever. Get those little dudes in and out. Groom the track, run practice for them, run the races and then let the rest of the classes practice and then race. The older guys have a little more time to get to the track and they are not waiting around for the little guys. The track will not get all hammered out for them and will stay good for the start of the big bike practice/races.

Practice:

50's
mini/super mini

Race Classes:

50 beginner
50 junior
50 senior
mini jr
mini sr
super mini

repeat order.

11 Quad (couch) classes 55 sign ups. 4 Vet classes 59 sign ups. That sums it up. Also take a hard look at replacing the Vet sport class with a +50 class for next year.

Heres a stat for ya, we have offered 50+ at all battle rounds, guess how many sign ups? Goose Egg. Ya, i will get right on that 50+ class there buddy. Thanks for the advice.

X100 , what's next , back of the bus....quad only bathroom and drinking fountains.....ride the damn track , wet , dry , rutted....period . Fast forward to class reductions after season ends and let the bickering start again. It's awesome we all have do many choices , and what's the hurry .....it's nice to be at the track with fellow mx"ers ...

Heres a stat for ya, we have offered 50+ at all battle rounds, guess how many sign ups? Goose Egg. Ya, i will get right on that 50+ class there buddy. Thanks for the advice.

And how did people get it offered? I thought the 50+ was eliminated from OMA, maybe people werent aware it was offered then?

No offense meant and Im sure you would only get a handful at best. Old guys are dim and slow so if there wasnt a flashing red light announcing it they may have missed it! I would have.....

It must of been offered by secrete hand shake.
Other than ATV Open and C, I can't believe +50 won't out number the other classes.
Your probably correct, after qualifiers and regionals, I figured 10 to 12 +50 guys, why waste a gate drop for those numbers.

I put it out there before this series started that we were running the following extra classes just for the Battle: 250A, Quad A and 50+. I dont think im going to offer it at my race, too many classes already, we must be done on time, we dont need another wobbler class.

Recommendation : BATTLE OF OHIO or any 2 day events. QUADS/ MINIS and 30/40+ (they often travel with kids) RACE ON SATURDAY Afternoon, after 8-12 Practice sessions for all.

SUNDAY - All BIG BIKE CLASSES (including another round of 30/40) on SUNDAY, starting RACING at 1000, with a SHORT intermission/ track work. There. I fixed it. Run with it. Should've asked ME sooner.

It's pretty simple. And yeah, reduce classes, any classes this year averaging less than 5 riders per event, axe 'em.

I forgot to ADD - that the title of this post was "Chilitown Review", so it should be mentioned that despite not being able to leave the track until about 715pm (1915 hrs), THIS WAS AN INCREDIBLE EVENT.

Much praise and high 5s to all involved. In my 3-4 years of moto involvement, I've NEVER< EVER, EVER, heard of free SIGN UP and a $4 grand purse for the PROS. ALL your HARD work and diligence

with the facility. attention to detail and making it a GREAT family motocross EXTRAVAGANZA - Jeremy, Jason and the whole Chilitown CREW - serious biz - take a bow. Very cool dealo.

Also, thanks to everyone that contributed or assisted with the Gibby/ Browning benefit. Very cool of everyone involved.

I have to agree with you Ruper...I didn't get home til 10 and didn't enjoy the long program but I liked the track, the competition, and the effort put into the event! Can it be improved? Heck yeah! Could it have been allot worse? OH HELL YES!! There were over 400 riders at a local race and that was awesome. Keep up the good work fellas and take try to take everything as "constructive" advice. :)

I like the options that both dave and Rupert mentioned about splitting quads and everything under an 85 to Saturday, i would be over and done with on Saturday without much wait, I could just water and run the dozer Saturday night, and simply observe the fallout on Sunday, I like.

Curse you ALL!!!
Never, Ever Is there such a thing as too many classes, Or too much racing!!!
How dare you speak such Vial and Foul things.
Curse you all.....

OK, I wasn't there. HA! HA!
Really! Really! Really! Wanted to go.
Been all over, and even to out of state tracks, and have yet to make it to the one in my back yard?
Go figure. Something always happens.
For a young facility it seems they are on the right "TRACK". Yes, the pun was intended...

We went to Chillitown back in the spring and was very impressed with the facility, the track and how everything was run.

This weekend I think went really well. We travel to different tracks ran by different sanctions and nothing is ever perfect.

Everyone is trying to figure out how to change things which suggestions are always good. Just trying to figure out how many weekends we actually have 400 racers? When these races come up and everyone knew this weekend was going to be big - just plan accordingly. It's going to be a long weekend and if you live far a late night drive home. When you travel to Baja or Area 51 for the CanAm race or to a Regional you expect the ups and downs and it to run late. You don't do it every weekend.

The idea of running practice all day Saturday then running the 85's and under and the quads in the afternoon - yeah NOT a good idea! Leave it alone things are fine. Only suggestions - cut the everything extra classes on big events. It may just save you an hour just sayin...

Wasn't able to make it. Sounds like we really missed out.

Do not run plus 30/40 sat and Sunday. Terrible idea, people are not going to stick around to watch vet classes. If anything, run another pro class sat for a small purse and make your money up on spectators.

If the count really was over 400 riders with only 50 some quads. At least run them on Saturday and don't cut laps on Sunday. People are tired of losing laps. Race in the woods if you wanna be home early. Stewart, villopoto and dungey probably don't get home till the next day.

I like the options that both dave and Rupert mentioned about splitting quads and everything under an 85 to Saturday, i would be over and done with on Saturday without much wait, I could just water and run the dozer Saturday night, and simply observe the fallout on Sunday, I like.

This is a good idea....

Old guys are dim and slow so if there wasnt a flashing red light announcing it they may have missed it! I would have.....

I knew it was offered...just not old enough to ride it yet (a few months off). I asked one person about it, and he said he was told no there isn't a 50+ at Chillitown sign-up. Not sure what happened there...and of course I was the ref....go figure.

If you look at the growth lately in Vet Sport, people are just figuring it out...it takes time to promote a new idea. Some of us love to race, but don't want to feel that we have to take unnecessary chances, or get landed on.

I like the split program idea and the 8 minute moto idea...but the "old guys are dim..." comment is just post stirring sandbaggin points. Two thumbs down.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back