Chillitown vid through the eyes on a 50cc rider

Zman

PR Addict
Lil' video edit of the past weekend. Mitchy really enjoyed himself despite a couple good eat its. Thanks to all for putting on that event. See you at Briarcliff for the final round.

ha ha ha, oh that double is bigger this time, he doent need to jump that this close to Loretta's!!!!!!!!!

blahaaa...I know..I know..he couldn't help himself..by the end of motos he was getting the 3 doubles up top in the back also. He said his buddy told him he did them and they were doable..I tried to shut it down...honestly. Good talking to ya this weekend.

That one shot toward the end of the video......I thought he kind of looked like the typical Sharc jump photo with his style.

How come kids on PW 50's are running at the same time kids who are much faster on KTM's are? That crash at the finish line could have been horrible for both had Mitchy landed on the rider etc....

First time that I have gotten to watch your little guy was Sunday and he looks really good on the bike!! You see allot of little kids who can go fast and hold on but when I watched Mitch you could tell he was picking lines and had excellent bike control and style. Those are the 2 things so many little guys lack and are the hardest to teach. Good technique will only allow him to get faster and faster. Good Luck at the ranch!

Gosh..very humble. Thanks for all the kudos guys. Our mission all along is to teach technique to avoid injury, and have fun. We talk a lot about vision down the track not only to avoid hitting slower riders, but also to make great choices in lines and obstacle negotiation. In this instance, it just happened so fast he could not avoid landing on the other little guys bike. He felt bad about it, but was really happy the other boy was not hurt. We dodged a bullet as well.

Thanks again guys. When/if he stops having fun, we are moving on to fishing. It is a real challenge to keep it fun and tell him to be smart about his riding/racing choices. He is so focused and competitive. I focus mostly on mental aspects these days. Trying to keep him healthy for the ranch!

Great vid. Mitchy is fast. I like the helmet cam, but I always thought the angle makes it look slower and the jumps smaller so then I tried a chest mount. I like this view much better. You can also see the hands for some throttle and braking action. Just a suggestion you might try. Feels more 1st person to me. Here is an example. It's my son. He isn't as fast as mitchy, but only been riding less than one year. Funny, you can see mitchy up front at the start. Ha. Looks like he was on a 65 that day maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-9_kR4wZE

Thanks, mike

Great vid. Mitchy is fast. I like the helmet cam, but the angle makes it look slower and the jumps smaller, then tried a chest mount. I like this view much better. You can also see the hands for some throttle and braking action. Just a suggestion. Feels more 1st person to me. Here is an example. It's my son. He isn't as fast as mitchy, but only been riding less than one year. Funny, you can see mitchy up front at the start. Ha. Looks like he was on a 65 that day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy-9_kR4wZE

Thanks, mike

Thanks to you as well for the kind words. Awesome, Mike,...yeah, I have the chest mount...need to give it a shot. Your boy is doing fine...each one of these little guys/girls make leaps and bounds at different time intervals. Last year, Mitchy was half as fast as a 7 year old...this year..something, clicked. Next year, I expect to be a huge slow down and learning curve as Mitchy moves to 65's full time. Keep it fun and safe and that is what matters. Focus on technique and good fundamentals. If you cannot relay this, be sure to get him to someone, or talk with someone, that can. The whole goal should be keeping these little guys/girls as safe as possible and make it fun. We all lose sight of this at times, myself included. Great technique, in my opinion, increases the safety odds exponentially. I have seen for myself speed comes later with good technique. For example, sitting is bad on straights with braking/kicker bumps...etc.

Actually, I would have bet my house in February, Mitchy would not have made Lorettas this year. I told my wife 2 years ago when he made in there in the Multispeed class, and watching the 7-8 50cc unlimited class down there, no way will he ever reach that level and make it back. These days, not only am I amazed, but nervous. Something "clicked"..no idea what after the Amsoil AX stuff in Vegas.

We are holding Mitchy off the 65 until after Lorettas, but was cool to see your vid..thanks again. After we get back from LL, we focus on 65's and are just keeping one 50 for a few last races, to include the Monster Cup in Vegas and Mini-O's. Stay safe...thanks for sharing...good vid and good stuff. See you at the next event.

I loved that video! Mitch makes it look so easy! I love how he doesn't delay after the crash, he just picks his bike back up and there he goes again! You should be so proud!

I love your posts, reminds me of my 50cc days. I also had a boy that race #45 on a KTM 50, he was one of the fast one in the class and would jump anything. That was back around 2003-2006, breaking frame all the time.

Good luck to you and your boy hope he does well at the big show. Its something he will talk about for years to come.

I still hear him telling his friends that he had beat Alexander Frey and a few others.

I loved that video! Mitch makes it look so easy! I love how he doesn't delay after the crash, he just picks his bike back up and there he goes again! You should be so proud!

Thanks soo much.. Yeah I saw the wreck, started to run about 10 steps, then he got up and took off. I was still far away. I forced him off the track when he got to me a few corners later. He said "what's up?".., I was like u just ate it. I wanna check for injury, stuck throttle, bike damage..,etc. He replied "all is good" and tore out back on the track..then his mother accosted me in panic! My reply.. He said all is good! LOL. Nice to be young again...and he is soo driven..it's crazy!

I love your posts, reminds me of my 50cc days. I also had a boy that race #45 on a KTM 50, he was one of the fast one in the class and would jump anything. That was back around 2003-2006, breaking frame all the time.

Good luck to you and your boy hope he does well at the big show. Its something he will talk about for years to come.

I still hear him telling his friends that he had beat Alexander Frey and a few others.

Very cool... Funny same number, brand bike, and crazy jumping! Thanks for the well wishes.

Back