50 Beginner Class

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I would like to order a load of input from the parents and racers alike here on a though I had as i have been designing the running order for the Battle. The thought had crossed my mind to stagger the 50 beginner class and the micro quad class, generally there are a handful of each. i cant see this being to much of an issue given there speeds and given the fact that each barely get off the ground, no slam intended there at all. I think it would be good to tie these in together, and that will help us speed up the program slightly, and still give the kids the track time they deserve. Now if either class gets a big turnout, we will split them, but a big turnout in my mind is 20 of either.

Lets keep this positive, no hating on the minis, quads, or yo momma.

Interesting thought, maybe stagger 4-6 and beginner? And one of the mini quad classes. The gate for senior is going to be over 20. 17 at chilli and I know for a fact this gates going to be larger. Put a stamp on that. Also hope your going to run an open 4 - 8.

I would think if you dropped the gate for the quads first, the bikes would not catch them nor would the quads lap the bikes. I do know of 1 50 quad rider that has the capacity to lap the bikes but he is a good experienced rider and would take care in passing the slower bikers. Tough call, if we got some parents on the track at the blind spots that would help. I will say if there are few 50 quads they are usually more than willing to run with the 70s although they would surely get fewer laps. We've been there, many a time the boy only got 2 laps outa 4 a few years ago but we were fine with that. With the timed laps though it would be a wash right? I foresee no more than 5 50cc quads at your event. Most run CRA and AMS stuff, I can't seem to get them to the greener side of the fence! I would say it will depend more on what the bike parents say. Ok, I gotta go, so is it raining in Malvern or not? We got to get rolling the dice and flat out get rolling if we are going! Bye!

I would think if you dropped the gate for the quads first, the bikes would not catch them nor would the quads lap the bikes. I do know of 1 50 quad rider that has the capacity to lap the bikes but he is a good experienced rider and would take care in passing the slower bikers. Tough call, if we got some parents on the track at the blind spots that would help. I will say if there are few 50 quads they are usually more than willing to run with the 70s although they would surely get fewer laps. We've been there, many a time the boy only got 2 laps outa 4 a few years ago but we were fine with that. With the timed laps though it would be a wash right? I foresee no more than 5 50cc quads at your event. Most run CRA and AMS stuff, I can't seem to get them to the greener side of the fence! I would say it will depend more on what the bike parents say. Ok, I gotta go, so is it raining in Malvern or not? We got to get rolling the dice and flat out get rolling if we are going! Bye!

I hear ya. I wouldnt have a problem running the 50s with the 70's, but we need to run the 70s with the 90's, im not so comfortable running the 50's with the 90's though. Likewise, I dont liek the idea of running the 50 beginners with the 50 jr/sr. class. So it seems like we have two classes that dont necessarily fit in anywhere else, and instead of runnign them seperate we can stagger them , and save us about 20 minutes on Saturday.

I dont know whats happneing at the Vern, havent heard from Jason yet.

I would think if you dropped the gate for the quads first, the bikes would not catch them nor would the quads lap the bikes. I do know of 1 50 quad rider that has the capacity to lap the bikes but he is a good experienced rider and would take care in passing the slower bikers.
+1 The Main track is big enough that anyone that's fast enough to catch the other group should also be skilled enough to pass with care.
Plus, they'd be smoking the others anyway...

Interesting thought, maybe stagger 4-6 and beginner? And one of the mini quad classes. The gate for senior is going to be over 20. 17 at chilli and I know for a fact this gates going to be larger. Put a stamp on that. Also hope your going to run an open 4 - 8.

If we get over 20 they will get their own gate, and then we may just have to do 50 jr. with 50 beginner, and possibly stagger the 50 quad class ahead of them. If we give them a good 30 second jump, i dont see their being to much of an issue, especially at this level and speed.

I personally dont see a problem running 50 begginer with the jrs. Ive seen some of the begginers that are faster than the jrs, they just dont have a ktm. My boy rides in the jr pee wee in cra and there has been times he's the only one in his class and i ask if he can run with begginers.Nothing more boreing than racing by yourself. And to save time I myself wouldnt apose a staggered start with quads either. But thats just me, and I cant speak for anyone else. My son just likes to ride,and he doesnt care whos on the track with him.

I think that running the 50 beginner (bikes) and the 50 jr (bikes) is fine (with 2 gate drops)....as long as there is no large turn out for jr bikes. I think quads should run with quads and bikes should run with bikes. This is the Battle for Ohio and I don't think that it would be fair to run quads with beginners....only because the beginners have never had to run with the quads during a race only practice. And yes some of the beginners have gotten good enough to jump and I think that there would be some safety concerns with the slower quads on the track.

Not a lot of people know about pitracer....maybe you should put this on the OMA or BC page so you can get more feedback from other parents (whos kids race these classes) before you make a final decision...just a thought!!!

Back