RacerX Vet Fest - Red Bud

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
VetFest MX

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Classes for ages 18 & Up only. Bikes only. Friday practice and Saturday racing on the pro track.[/FONT]

Gate and Sign up Info

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gates open Friday at 9am; sorry, there is no camping Thursday night.
Friday signup at 10am, practice from 1:00-5:00pm
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif], cost is $25 per group.
You can sign up for Friday practice and Saturday race at the same time.

Saturday sign up at 7am, practice at 9am and racing by 10:30 or 11:00 am.
Race fee is $30 for B/C and C classes; $35 for A classes.

No memberships are required to race this weekend, however,
we recognize your classification with GLMX, AMA and/or your home district.
(If you ride A at home, you can't drop down to B/C at the VetFest!)

Friday practice groups:[/FONT]
[/FONT]

GROUPCLASSES
25+ C, 35+ C, 45+ C, 30+ B/C, 45+ B/C
18+ A, 30+ A, 40+ A, 18+ B/C
35+ B/C, 50+ B/C, 30+ C, 40+ C
25+ A, 35+ A, 45+ A, 25+ B/C
40+ B/C, 50+ A, 55+, 60+, Women

<tbody>
</tbody>

Race Classes

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This race is part of a 4-race series (see www.mxvets.com for info).
A and B/C classes pay vet series points.
We also run separate C classes that do not pay vet series points.
If you want series points, you should enter the B/C class.
If you're a novice who doesn't care about series points,
you can enter the C class. You cannot ride both B/C and C!
We pay race day awards in all classes.

[/FONT]

VetFest Class List:
18+ A18+ B/C18+ WOMEN
25+ A25+ B/C25+ C*
30+ A30+ B/C30+ C*
35+ A35+ B/C35+ C*
40+ A40+ B/C40+ C*
45+ A45+ B/C45+ C*
50+50+ B/C55+
60+

<tbody>
</tbody>
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]* Not a series points-paying class[/FONT]

GLMX Mideast Championship Series Points:

VetFest ClassGLMX Points Class
18+ WomenWomen Sr.
25+ A25+
30+ A30+
30+ B/C30+ B/C
35+ A35+
40+ A40+
40+ B/C40+ B/C
45+ A45+
50+50+
60+60+

<tbody>
</tbody>

<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>Thanks to: S1TE Websites, Acerbis, Precision Prep, MagnumMX, FX</div></blockquote></div>

As of now I am in for a little 30+, 35+, and/or 40+. 40+ would be a certain. Not sure if 30+ B/C would be a better decision than 35+ or not....

Wife isn't certain how I am going to swing it. Neither am I 100%. Just looking at the glass that is half full... ;)

Sweet! Im 23, and as I get older, it gets tougher hanging with these little sh*ts, cause I gotta go to work the next monday, and they could care less about school (I know, Ive been there haha). I would love to make it up to this event and be able to compete with some guys in the same shoes as me. I know the top runners are always still going to be cranking but mid-pack and back should be in my alley.

Any input on the competition at these vetfest events? Do they seem to be more in it for the fun of racing?

They added the 18+ classes a few years back to give those that are 25 - 29 the chance to ride a second class, since their age didn't allow them to ride more than 1 and most of them wanted to ride another class. 18+ B/C class will be plenty fast for a B class but not so serious like a Loretta Lynn's College Boy or Two Stroke B/C class. Lots more fun at Vet Fest.

We usually get them to add a "Two Stroke" class to the line up at Vet Fest too if you can rustle up a 2stroker for that race...... which is mostly fun and not blazingly fast either as most of the participants are doing it to ride their "other" bike against buddies for bragging rights moreso than anything else.

If you've never experienced one, vet races are so cool in so many ways. Just picture 40 guys on the gate the same speed as you on one of the greatest tracks in the country. Repeat 4 - 6 times, and sometimes 8 if you're Rocket.

I was on the Redbuds site and didn't say anything about having a AMA card or anything. Is one needed for it or since its a specialty race one isnt needed?

We are in for Friday practice for sure
Sounds like a good time
May be able to haul a couple more bikes in the trailer

I'm pretty sure they need some sort of card to classify you otherwise you'll have to get a $5 GLMX card. I'm pretty sure they'll honor your OMA, AMA, PAMX or whatever membership if you have one. Here's what the website says:

I'm pretty sure they need some sort of card to classify you otherwise you'll have to get a $5 GLMX card. I'm pretty sure they'll honor your OMA, AMA, PAMX or whatever membership if you have one. Here's what the website says:

Yeah, that seems kinda sketchy. I can see some sandbaggers taking advantage of that one. No matter to me, I'll have my renewed AMA card along with my OMA just in case...

Ok guys, it's Vet Fest time! This is my favorite event of the year. I was scared/intimidated to go my first year as a C rider but the guys talked me in to it and I've gone every year since. If you're on the fence, let me be the guy that talks you in to it so you can enjoy this event every year too.

No camping Thu night so we'll be there early Fri morning. Gates open at 9am. If this is your first trip enter the pro pits (fenced area) and drive as far south as you can go. If you didn't pass signup or the starting gate you didn't hit the second fenced area. There's usually 20 or so PitRacers skattered near the ski jump area and along the road. They have 200 acres of parking and you're welcome to park anywhere but you'll miss all the off-track shinanigans. If you're new find me (181) in the white Sprinter as a starting point.

Practice starts at 1pm. The sessions tick off like clockwork. If you only pay for one practice session it'll be plenty of track time as long as you don't miss any sessions. You can also pay for two practice sessions and you'll have more track time than you can handle. Remember it's just practice. This is your time to learn the track. You don't have to go all balls out. Don't be afraid to pull over and regroup. There's only one double/triple on the track. There are big tables but you don't have to clear them. Going fast here means figuring out the dirt not hitting the leap.

If it's offered again, be sure to purchase a dinner ticket. It's freaking delicious and it's a nice time to gather and talk about the day. Everyone seems to find a camp fire to gather around after dinner. About 1/2 will retreat back to a hotel and 1/2 will camp.

Race day be sure to sign up for 2 classes for more track time. We'll try and get our own 2-stoke class again. I'll do 40+B and 30+B or 35+B. This is a fun race so ride safe. It'll get deep and rough so back it down throughout the day.

If you don't do anything else be sure to find a Hudak and introduce yourself. One of the largest and nicest racing families you'll meet.

Chuck

I posted in one of the other 48 Vet fest posts, I did e mail RB to see if KB was doing the dinner.

Yeah, all you old farts have a good time. I'll try not to be thinking about you and/or the fun you'll be having... ;)

Back