Crazy for a CT70?

loneranger171

PR Addict
Lately I really have been eying up ct70 bikes from the early 70's..... Just would like to put around the neighborhood. Anyone got one? Reliable?? Someone has a nice one on Craigslist with a 120cc motor in it.... Asking $1800.. Thoughts?

You should have went to Mid-Ohio last weekend, those things were everywhere! Price ranges from $500-$2500 depending on
what you want to spend.

loneranger...$1800 for a china motor special is way too much in my mind...might as well just get a china copy CT70 for much less.....

A nice, unrestored original will pull that kind of money or more...and hold its' value...I have a friend that has a very nice, low mile survivor if you want to contact him....

Here is a CL ad....missing some parts but a decent start if you could get it for about 6-700 bucks...

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3942102771.html

i have an sl70 that hasnt run in about 10 years :(

I'll take it....;-)

loneranger...$1800 for a china motor special is way too much in my mind...might as well just get a china copy CT70 for much less.....

A nice, unrestored original will pull that kind of money or more...and hold its' value...I have a friend that has a very nice, low mile survivor if you want to contact him....

Here is a CL ad....missing some parts but a decent start if you could get it for about 6-700 bucks...

http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/mcy/3942102771.html

I'll take it....;-)
I called that guy... Doesn't seem to flexible on his price considering the work it needs... Definitely would grab it for 6-700....

I have a '72, unrestored Gold CT 70 (well actually my dad, but in the family). He is the original owner and bought it new. Excellent condition, low miles. Basically bought it to ride on Daytona Beach for bike week, and would never ride it any other time. Joked with my dad, he could sell that easier than any other bike in his garage!!

Anybody interested in my 1974 Yamaha DT125A ? It is a street legal endure with electric start . Yep , a 125 with a button ! Pretty nice shape with a new : battery , rear tire , buddy seat ( HARD to find ) , and a NOS chain guard . I'll get a pic when I get a chance .

I have a 1971 CT70 (blue). It was my grandfathers. I have replaced a few parts and break it out for my pitbike on occasion. I took it to the Mini O's this year and had no less than a dozen people trying to buy it. Had an AMA official run me down while i was riding through the pits. He was yelling at me to get me to stop and I thought I had done something wrong. Then he goes do you want to sell that. LOL . They are getting a little harder to come by and you will pay a little to get a good one that is original Honda. They make a great pitbike though. The seat is big enough for two, it has rear footpegs and plenty of torque to get around.

The one on Craigslist in Massillon is nice but needs $3-$400 I'm estimating but the guy isn't budging... Sucks cuz I want it bad but for a little more than he's asking I can probably find one needing less repairs. He'll find out on ebay I guess when it doesn't go to high up like he thinks

Here's one I'm working on right now. Real forks with hydraulic disc brake, alloy swingarm, 88cc high compression bore kit with cam and bigger carb, alloy straight through exhaust, gas shocks with reservoirs, bigger handlebars than stock. The red one in the background is gonna be rebuilt but staying with all stock honda stuff on that one.

Attachments

• 1-IMG_1065.jpg
    1-IMG_1065.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 115
My uncle has a 71 Blue one just like your talking about. My uncle bought his to take to Daytona, and my dad bought his the following year. Those bikes will probably never leave the family.

I pieced mine together,roller was $100 of CL and I got the engine off ebay for another hundred,all said and done I probably got $500 in the bedliner black beast,but that includes freshing the engine new tires,chain,seat cover etc
the days of buying complete runners for $200 are gone as far as I can tellCT70dark.jpg

Back