Millville Spoiler

JB_519

PR Addict
Stewy brought his a game today , looked almost like the ol js7. Rd5 was impressive fixing his own chain despite not getting the overall . Nice to se TC 41 on the box, had a great battle in Moto 2 ! Great race !

Stewey didn't bring anything he just got lucky the Ryan's had a bad day. If anything he rode worse considering canard was passing him lol

Wonder why Alessi kept his head down waiting at the gate ; expecting laser retribution maybe ? Shame ? Great racing in both classes . Can't wait until Tomac moves up . Any other 250 stars supposed to make the switch ? Hahn is definitely the new holeshot king .

Tomac is a beast! If he can get better starts and stay off the ground he will dominate like rc. He was running 3 seconds faster than 2nd place and a second faster than the 450's

Tomac is a beast! If he can get better starts and stay off the ground he will dominate like rc. He was running 3 seconds faster than 2nd place and a second faster than the 450's

We will see........the game always seems to change a bit when they make the transition. Ever think the 250 suits his riding style? he could hop on the 450 and maybe not feel near as comfortable with the additional power. Time will tell. He is in great shape (thanks to John Tomac), and that will be what puts him in there with the front runners in the 450 class.

I think it was awesome to see JS7 fight back against Canard. Flashes of the old rider's speed with some deeper drive than we've seen in the past. I think his speed is suffering and possibly conditioning compared to RV & RD.

If you watched the same race I did, James did not look worse. He looked great. But so did everyone else. For whatever reason that track helped everyone be on a level playing field and didn't make fitness as key.

This is evidenced by the golden boy Villopoto not even getting on the box, and the gap between the top 10 was far less than most races... Even though in the second Moto James got 3rd, he was was closer to 1st than he has been all year long. Same goes to
TC and Barcia.

It was good to see lots of battles and some fierce racing, a good change of pace. I think RV will be pissed and come back swinging next week and 1-1.

I think it was awesome to see JS7 fight back against Canard. Flashes of the old rider's speed with some deeper drive than we've seen in the past. I think his speed is suffering and possibly conditioning compared to RV & RD.

Agree. It was nice to see that big ol' Bubba smile agian though.

He is. He is one bad dude. He was so flying. It was incredible how fast Roczen and Baggett were going early, but ET put them to shame and passed them with relative ease. Those passed on the outside were just unbelieveable! He is going to be one to watch...

I have to agree on the track though........it was really smooth for a National MX, and everyone was going the same speed.......kind of like the SX tracks now. Nothing to separate the men from the boys.

At that pace, I think we're talking about separating the Men from the Men! It was weird that it seemed so hard to pass and that everyone was going very similar speeds in both classes (except for Tomac). It was nice to see some new faces up front in the motos and I loved watching Stewart and Canard go at it hard in both motos for a few laps. That's the kind of racing I want to see....... multiple passes and real work to keep that guy behind you.

Tomac was the only guy that seemed to be able to come through the pack this weekend, even RV (who has done it easily at every other track this year) didn't seem to be able to make the passes and move away like he has done all year. And having talked to those guys that raced Millville regional this year, I doubt the track is anything that we would describe as "easy" if we were riding on it.

Keep in mind Rv went down both motos, he was dead last in the first moto and was 20th in the 2nd moto, came all the way to Stewarts wheel and lost it in a corner. He was still flying but you can't win like that. The Canard / Stewart battles was awesome!

Who else besides me thinks that Trey Canard got screwed for the overall win? My whole life racing motocross, a 2-2 has always beat a 1-3. 4pts each, and second moto breaks the tie. I really don't like how they score pro motocross. To me Carnard should be the overall winner.

Keep in mind Rv went down both motos, he was dead last in the first moto and was 20th in the 2nd moto, came all the way to Stewarts wheel and lost it in a corner. He was still flying but you can't win like that. The Canard / Stewart battles was awesome!

I know he went down and still passed a ton of guys in both motos, but any other track this year and he would have gotten to the front...... not 6 - 4 like he actually finished. There was less separation of riders at that level at Millville this year is all I'm suggesting.

Who else besides me thinks that Trey Canard got screwed for the overall win? My whole life racing motocross, a 2-2 has always beat a 1-3. 4pts each, and second moto breaks the tie. I really don't like how they score pro motocross. To me Carnard should be the overall winner.

Well, not your entire life John. It used to be that way, but they go by the points awarded for the position now. Been that way for a couple/few years I believe. Obviously you're not paying attention to the 411 breakdown they give EVERY moto (neither is Canard). They give 25 points for first and 22 for second I believe and then 20 for 3rd. 22+22 < 25+20. Simple math.

In the 250 class there were 3 riders that tied in points for second overall and they used the 2nd moto finish rule there to give 2nd and 3rd overall for the day.

Oh, to answer your question, no, I do not think he got screwe. He should have known that going into the final moto. Been the rule all year. ;)

I know it has been a rule in Pro MX for a few years now. What I am getting at, is I don't agree with it. Your trying to do all these things to help bring in the casual viewer to our sport. Keep the scoring simple, so the casual viewer at home can figure out who the winner is, and where their favorite rider needs to be in a moto to get the overall. The casual viewers or even die hard motocrossers cant figure out where people finish by using points. But they know a 1-3, and a 2-2 are both 4 pts and the second moto breaks the tie.

My point, who ever thought it was a good idea to change the system that worked very well for years!!

Yeah, it was a simpler method, but "they" changed it for some reason and saw a benefit to changing it. I don't make the rules, I just follow them. Well...try anyway...well...kinda...

Back