Loretta's track from the air

Z-Mann our Loretta's insider this year!!! Good Luck to your son!

Place is a zoo! RV's, golf carts, pit bikes, and every other type of pit vehicle. Temps.. A bit cool compared to the last 3 years.... Have not turned the air on in the fun mover yet and have been here since Thursday morning. Practice tomorrow afternoon... Junior can't wait! He says.. "Dad just gonna get on the back fender in the sand and let the front wheel float". He watches to much TV!

It looks like a lot of sand but it really isn't. They do it just to help maintain the track. It keeps most areas from becoming hard packed. It helps to keep the dirt busted up. It allows the water to filter deeper into the clay mix.

After they work it in and practice is done you wont hear one rider say that the track is too sandy!

They run something like 22 motos a day with 42 bikes per moto and all but about 4 classes can destroy a track in 20 minuets unless it is concrete and who likes to ride a MX bike on concrete?

I love sand tracks, know of any in ohio? More sand the better! I came from florida so im a bit biased, but laying into a big sand bowl turn wide open and coming out on the back wheel into a set whoops is about the best feeling on a dirt bike. imo. although railing a nice rut with elbow or bar dragging is almost as fulfilling! :) not to mention i can ride for 20-30 mins up here on hard pack (or whatever y'all want to call it) and barely break a sweat in the sweet 70-80deg temps. I dont miss the heat and humidity one bit!

Outlaw really the only place with a lot of sand....half sand....I heard apple cabin has a lot more sand also.

You really have to head to Michigan to get more sand around here......

Log Road - Relatively close and pretty sandy soil about 2:45 from Westlake.
Baja Acres - Really Sandy, deep deep sand, but is about 4.5 hours from Westlake
Motoland in Indiana - Really Sandy, not quite as deep as Baja, but all sand all the time. About 4:15 minutes from Westlake.
Red Bud - Mix of sand and dirt, but sandier than us Ohio guys are used to, 4 hours from Westlake.
Dutch Sport MX - Fairly Sandy as well, but has hard under surface. about 4.5 hours from Westlake.

Silver Lake State Park in Michigan is a Sand Dunes riding area, so if you are really missing your sand, you can ride there but you have to mount a flag to your bike to ride there, which is kind of a pain in the butt. But it's DUNE riding like they show out west at Glamis type stuff. About 6 hour drive from Westlake there.

I like that they add sand to tracks that hold big events. It helps keep the track in decent shape. With that many bikes running that track this week, I think everyone will be happy that they added all of that sand.

Back