Apple Cabin Open Thursday

I plan on bringing my Vintage 1974 MX360 out for its maiden voyage, I hope this is alright ? I haven't rode on a track in about 30 years...Is one track easier than the other?

You should cut down the tree in the right hander after the 3 little rollers when you go back into the woods... I hit the rut and leaned over and my hand smacked off the tree, it's a little close to the track. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 163
ethan hand.jpg
You should cut down the tree in the right hander after the 3 little rollers going into the woods before the left handed roller corner, when i leaned over into the rut my hand hit off the tree...Thanks

There are a few trees that need to be taken down. I completely dislocated my elbow. the forearm was no longer attached the the bicep. Shattered the sail bone and ripped the ligaments going from the forearm and attach to the bicep bone, along with some nerves.

I was going threw that right handed sweeper coming out of the woods towards the front parking area. You make that sharp left and head back towards the track. that sweeper has very little room with about 2-3 ruts going into it. I got cross rutted and my bike just stood up on me making me go straight. I would have been fine but there's 2 10" trees next to one another right at the apex of that turn. I hit the brakes but at speed had no room to more or slow down in time. front end hit that tree and bike got totally kicked sideways. Hit the ground with my right arm and ripped everything apart. If those were not there I would have been able to slow down and just get back on the track. Funny part is I saw a kid go down in that same spot earlier in the day.

Not looking to make this into how'd you get hurt at AC but some of the trees are to close to the track on the faster sections.

Thanks everyone at Apple Cabin, had a great time riding my old Yamaha. all was fine until I threw a chain and had no spare link to repair it. I will be back, loved the place.

View attachment 11148
You should cut down the tree in the right hander after the 3 little rollers going into the woods before the left handed roller corner, when i leaned over into the rut my hand hit off the tree...Thanks

There are a few trees that need to be taken down. I completely dislocated my elbow. the forearm was no longer attached the the bicep. Shattered the sail bone and ripped the ligaments going from the forearm and attach to the bicep bone, along with some nerves.

I was going threw that right handed sweeper coming out of the woods towards the front parking area. You make that sharp left and head back towards the track. that sweeper has very little room with about 2-3 ruts going into it. I got cross rutted and my bike just stood up on me making me go straight. I would have been fine but there's 2 10" trees next to one another right at the apex of that turn. I hit the brakes but at speed had no room to more or slow down in time. front end hit that tree and bike got totally kicked sideways. Hit the ground with my right arm and ripped everything apart. If those were not there I would have been able to slow down and just get back on the track. Funny part is I saw a kid go down in that same spot earlier in the day.

Not looking to make this into how'd you get hurt at AC but some of the trees are to close to the track on the faster sections.

Wow, that stinks for both you guys! Injuries really suck but are part of MX. I dont think tree removal will solve the injury problems related to our sport. Im sure Frank will look into the areas you suggest but I wouldnt be surprised if they arent removed.

I certainly hope you both have a full and quick recovery!

yamaha28 happened last year in that area I built a berm on the outside and removed 4 trees on the right side making the area wider.If i remove the 2 trees you you want me to remove it makes a direct path to a drop off into the creek.Not a good fix in my opinion.I put a banner up in the other turn on the inside,that corner was widened out befor we opened in the spring,becouse if you missed the corner you had a drop off into the creek.That corner is 25' wide now.

Back