Bar bends

Spagina

PR Elite
How petticoat are you guys with bar bends? I have recently been running the Pro Taper SE Henry/Reed bend bars and love the pull back and width.. But after watching the nationals it looks like bigger guys are always runnin high bars.

I'm 6'1" 205 so I'm not a little guy. Sometimes I watch the riding styles of the pros, way over the front end, and think that when I try to ride like that it's hard because I kind of have to hunch my back.

Anyone else mess around with different bars? I'm wondering if its worth it to buy another set to swap out real quick at a track I'm comfortable on to see the differences.

I wish I could afford to have 3 or 4 bends of bars sitting there to try because lately I've felt like I lost the 1 thing that i thought I had (never had any speed) and that was good form on a bike. I'm always all bent over akwardly now and stuff and I cant figure out why, It has to be something w/ my setup or something idk

I'm going to be running the windham pro taper SE's here shortly. I've got a few pro taper evo bends sitting around, but they are all very close to the same bend. With that said, running 7/8 now agian if anyone wants to buy some cheap pro taper 1 1/8 bars let me know!!

I usually ride a bike stock, if I feel semi decent, then I just try to find a bend CLOSE to it.

Been going through the same thing now (because I keep bending bars). Bent a set of Reed/Windham bars, just bought "CR HIGH" bend but haven't mounted them yet... they look similar though

I always run the Henry/Reed Pro Taper SE bend. Love them. They are actually a higher bend bar. One thing I noticed when I got my RM was that on the stock bars, they were a lower (height) but a longer (width) bar and I never got any headshake. When I put the Henry/Reeds on my headshake started coming into play. Im not sure the exact specs w/o looking, but I know they are taller than stock, and they seem shorter (width) that the stock ones were.

How petticoat are you guys with bar bends? I have recently been running the Pro Taper SE Henry/Reed bend bars and love the pull back and width.. But after watching the nationals it looks like bigger guys are always runnin high bars.

QUOTE]

X2

Spagina,

I just started to take a hard look at bike setup, from springs, to efi, to bars, to levers. Every little thing adds up. I was just in the market for new bars and it occured to me I've always just aclimated myself to whatever is on the bike. I've never taken perfectly good bars off and put my own bars on. The problem with this practice is the Ricky bend is considerably different than the Windham bend. Reed is somewhere in the middle. ProTaper has a nice comparision chart online.

I'm 6'1" also so I decided to try the Pro Taper CR High (Windham is very similar). They come in 4 color choices. Iron Pony had a considerable selection too. I started with the middle notch. I was worried because it looked weird and tall. Took one lap. Moved them one notch towards me and they felt instantly comfortable. Why on earth would I ride a bike for 7 years and never care about the bar bend I don't know but I'll be running my own bars from here on out.

Chuck

Why on earth would I ride a bike for 7 years and never care about the bar bend I don't know but I'll be running my own bars from here on out.

Chuck

The same reason 90% of us do the same thing.

I know Crute needs some new bars

Spagina,

I just started to take a hard look at bike setup, from springs, to efi, to bars, to levers. Every little thing adds up. I was just in the market for new bars and it occured to me I've always just aclimated myself to whatever is on the bike. I've never taken perfectly good bars off and put my own bars on. The problem with this practice is the Ricky bend is considerably different than the Windham bend. Reed is somewhere in the middle. ProTaper has a nice comparision chart online.

I'm 6'1" also so I decided to try the Pro Taper CR High (Windham is very similar). They come in 4 color choices. Iron Pony had a considerable selection too. I started with the middle notch. I was worried because it looked weird and tall. Took one lap. Moved them one notch towards me and they felt instantly comfortable. Why on earth would I ride a bike for 7 years and never care about the bar bend I don't know but I'll be running my own bars from here on out.

Chuck

Chuck with your height....check out a "Jimmy Button" bend...

Hershey how is the bar bend on that 14 Yamaha? I figured you got yours already. I seen one up at Bob Jewels last week, and I figured you got the first one.

Hershey how is the bar bend on that 14 Yamaha? I figured you got yours already. I seen one up at Bob Jewels last week, and I figured you got the first one.

idk about that but the bar bend on my new honda is crooked thanks to him!!!!! hahaha

I like lower wider bends. High rise bars seem to mess up the front of the bikes geometry. The wheel doesn't stick as well and I get an all around loose feeling. I like a tight sticky front end.

Back