2013 ktm65 powervalve

saplakc

PR Addict
My son has a 13 65sx and has about 10 hours on it.... Last night the bike started making a tinging sound from the powervalve area and lost all power on top end. going to rip it apart tomorrow but was wondering if anyone else has had any issues... And is there an aftermarket fix. Seems to be a known problem.

If it is the power valve that snapped it does happen...I would not say its a common thing but it does happen...if so it a easy fix....no need for after market stuff unless you want to order a progressive power valve spring from Pax Racing...hint...hint...just pull the three 8mm bolts from the top of the power valve remove cap and try to pull up on it, if it comes out order the parts above...and be sure to check for any rips in the rubber diaphragm.

I took it in to the dealer today and they tore it down. It was a broken power valve shaft. They had one in stock. They showed me how to fix it and replaced it in an hour and a half. No charge. The mechanic said he has seen 3 or 4 and none have come back. He stated that he thinks when they torqued the valve down they didn't raise the diaphragm and secure the nut right under before torqueing. stressing the powervalve shaft when it was tightened. The powervalve its self is actually 2 pieces and it broke where they came together. Mine had no damage to the cylinder or piston. The dealer was Pointview Cycle and Chip was a great help. When I called him he said to bring it down. They had it fixed in no time. No charge.

Same thing happened to a good friend of mine, Dwight Shane's, son Ty on his 13 KTM65. Took it back to Pointview and they took care of business and him.

Back