Thompson center

TCracing

PR Addict
OK, I've been looking at the Thompson Center in 30-06 bolt action rifle for a while now.
Definitely going to put one on the rack either venture, or Icon. The Venture is not so pretty to me. but built as a true hunting use rifle with synthetic stock comes in at under 500 clams. The Icon has much more eye appeal with walnut stock, And is real slick if you can find one with the Ultra Wood Stock, of coarse that almost doubles the price of the rifle but man is it pretty.

Anyone have any experience with this rifle in 30-06 or comparable caliber say 308 or 270?
I have already accumulated (hoarded) 100's of rounds in 30-06, so I have committed to the caliber just not the Rifle.

Then to add to my indecision is the Warlord... That's just a little out of my price range though. LOL!

Any ideas or thoughts???

Life time guarantee. You can't go wrong. The only week link is the springs rattle in the internal magazine. But in time they will come up with a better set up, and since its guaranteed you should get a free replacement.

Can't go wrong with the t/c venture with predator camo and weather shield , buddy has one in .308. Tack driver !

Also , savage's 110 line ( I think it's called that ) has some great calibers and are affordable . I would avoid the " axis " line .

i have no experiance with those models in those calibers but every tc i own im happy with. all black powder of course (since im really only an ohio deer hunter lol)..

Ive owned Thompson Center for a decade ....no issues ever. Nothing bolt action only black powder ... solid weapon.

Also , savage's 110 line ( I think it's called that ) has some great calibers and are affordable . I would avoid the " axis " line .

Came across the savage with the accu trigger, when looking at the Henry Golden Boy lever action. Then that lead to Ruger's "AMERICAN" bolt action in 308 and 30-06, and that's how I ended up working the action on a Thompson center... HA! HA!!!

They don't make it easy on a fella!!!

So many choices, So little CASH!!!

Doesn't really matter now, on my way to take the wife for an out patient procedure "She broke her nose walking into a glass door"... Yeah!!! don't ask. I love her with all my heat but sometimes I think she graduated from the "School for the Blond"!

Back