BC Last Tuesday??

The track was absolutely perfect. Fast and Tacky. Took the pop out of the uphill triple. Built up the landings. Still haven't figured out the new rollers. I guess you just pin in?

Bob's at Riverside with a partially collapsed lung. No word on anything broken yet so that's good news. Hopefully he'll be sent home today.

Bob's at Riverside with a partially collapsed lung. No word on anything broken yet so that's good news. Hopefully he'll be sent home today.

Major bummer for Bob. Heal up quick buddy. Glad you made it home OK or to the hospital OK I guess I should say. Take care of yourself my friend and we will ride again...well, if that's what you choose to do. Been there, done that with that decision...

Laters.

Track was awesome last night. My brother and I played hooky without kids to play and we both left with smiles.

Saturday should be really good too.

Hope all is well with Bob.

Yeah, I hope Bob gets to feeling better soon. He was definately in some pain last night, bummed, and pissed all in the same hour of time when we were helping him back to his truck, etc. Really sucks as we all were having fun on Tuesday's cutting some decent laps together. Hope he makes a full recovery and rides again. As I said, been on the fence too many times, but seems I've always come back. Not looking forward to the day I decide to hang it up...

All in all, other than Bob's events, it was decent. We as riders did our job in getting JO to consider another, so last night was at worst, the last Tuesday night before the last Tuesday night ride @ BC for 2013. :)

Bob is still at Riverside. He has a fractured scapia, a seperated shoulder, a broken bone in his shoulder, and still the partially collapsed lung. That's one tough sob. I'm headed over there now to hire a couple nurses. I might even stop in to see him while I'm there.

Oh-Crap!...that's a s**t load of busted up stuff! He must have taken a pretty good hit!
Try and make the best of it Bob!

Chuck, Let him know that we're pulling for him ......

Yeah, he knew he was F'ed up as he kept telling me that. Man that sucks. Heal quick and fast Bob. Take care buddy....

I figured out why he stayed in the hospital so long. He had one of the prettiest nurses I've ever seen.

He's going to be just fine. There's nothing to operate on. It'll all heal on its own. The Doc said the pain will settle down in about 4 weeks and the lung was inflating nicely. He should be home now. He said he's going to try and attend the ride day as a spectator.

Wow what can I say about the outpouring of support. I haven't been on the receiving end of this for a long time but it does feel good and keeps the spirits up. I came home yesterday with the injuries that Chuck had mentioned. Right now I'm just super sore but getting around ok. Started reading the book that Chuck was kind enough to drop off at the hospital yesterday. Its funny the nurse I had when Chuck came to visit is the sister in law of Levi Kilberger. Super nice girl and understood what we we go through.

The guys at the track were amazing. I got back to the truck to find my bike already loading with the help of Jeremy, Chuck, Scoob, Niles and anyone else I may be missing! Niles I still have your flip flops! I really can't thank you guys enough. This was one of those wrecks that really had me scared.

Thanks everyone!
-Bob

Good to hear from ya buddy. You had me freaked out. I was worried about ya. I knew your were coming back though when you told me you were totally pissed off. I was actually glad to hear that. Take care of yourself man. Let us know if there is anything we can do for ya.

No sweat on the assist. We know you'd do it for us. We are just hoping, well, at least I am with my history, you'll never get the chance to return it! ;)

Laters dude. :)

Back