Battle of the number 241's

evomx244

PR Addict
Rob Miracle looked to be a little bored at Mid-Ohio, so I decided to buy a 125 and have the battle of the # 241’s next year. I picked up a low hour 82 CR125 (My favorite CR year) out of Brighton, Illinois for a sum 200 bucks. Missing the exhaust/silencer and a few other bits. I think somebody pulled off top end and just let it set for years. Everything was stock including the grips/bars, still on standard bore. I found a 81 aluminum clutch cover on ebay for 50 bucks so should be a pretty straight forward build.

Look Kurt it's in the side yard!

Attachments

• 1982 CR125.jpg
    1982 CR125.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 165
I think I have a nice side panel for that bike......

Scott, buy my 1982 CR250 in the classifieds and you will be all set.....

IMG_20130728_191559_135.jpgIMG_20130728_191535_980.jpgIMG_20130728_191519_098.jpg

Rob Miracle looked to be a little bored at Mid-Ohio, so I decided to buy a 125 and have the battle of the # 241’s next year. I picked up a low hour 82 CR125 (My favorite CR year) out of Brighton, Illinois for a sum 200 bucks. Missing the exhaust/silencer and a few other bits. I think somebody pulled off top end and just let it set for years. Everything was stock including the grips/bars, still on standard bore. I found a 81 aluminum clutch cover on ebay for 50 bucks so should be a pretty straight forward build.

Look Kurt it's in the side yard!

LOL! Does that mean you are finally going to quit SANDBAGGING Non-Current B/C? Take the Bernard's with you...and Doneth's buddy.

Rob Miracle looked to be a little bored at Mid-Ohio, so I decided to buy a 125 and have the battle of the # 241’s next year. I picked up a low hour 82 CR125 (My favorite CR year) out of Brighton, Illinois for a sum 200 bucks. Missing the exhaust/silencer and a few other bits. I think somebody pulled off top end and just let it set for years. Everything was stock including the grips/bars, still on standard bore. I found a 81 aluminum clutch cover on ebay for 50 bucks so should be a pretty straight forward build

I'd like to again thank my good buddy (dickhead Scott) who paid $200 for that exactly 2 days after he talked me into this thing for $200. Not quite so straight forward bastard 83...and sadly, it looks better in the picture.

Attachments

• 83 cr125small.jpg
    83 cr125small.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 155
I'd like to again thank my good buddy (dickhead Scott) who paid $200 for that exactly 2 days after he talked me into this thing for $200. Not quite so straight forward bastard 83...and sadly, it looks better in the picture.

What are friends for? Did I also mention I talked him into renting a storage until (splitting the cost of course) and loading it so far with all my s**t!

He's correct that 83 looks way better in the pic!

LOL! Does that mean you are finally going to quit SANDBAGGING Non-Current B/C? Take the Bernard's with you...and Doneth's buddy.

For the record I think you're right; Scott, and that Bernard up north need to go. While they were busy cashing checks, signing autographs and slaying women (as all A riders did back then). In my prime, I was toiling away mid-pack in the B class. I couldn't get a lousy trophy, or even a top 10.

Attachments

• 1045063_194432974054688_1324437831_n.jpg
    1045063_194432974054688_1324437831_n.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 216
For the record I think you're right; Scott, and that Bernard up north need to go. While they were busy cashing checks, signing autographs and slaying women (as all A riders did back then). In my prime, I was toiling away mid-pack in the B class. I couldn't get a lousy trophy, or even a top 10.

He's lying, he had so many trophies that when I help him move out of his old house he didn't have enough room for them! He threw out a dumpter full of them !

No way I was an A rider until a knee injury sidelined me! I still the paper work where I partition district 11 to go back down to B in 1986 !
No sandbagging for me I'm legit! Besides I can't sport my pink JT gear and run in the back of the A class !

Have to give Scott some credit, he has brought the CR's back out of the constant shadows of the RM's and YZ's showing they can run!
Can't wait to get back working on my CR's.

Have to give Scott some credit, he has brought the CR's back out of the constant shadows of the RM's and YZ's showing they can run!
Can't wait to get back working on my CR's.

There's a couple reasons why so many people rode them in the 80's, they arc a corner and have motor of doom!

I rode a lot of Hondas through the years one of my favorites was the 88' 250 that bike was awesome!

Back