Where were you 12 years ago? Did you ride THIS??

fmxpaul

PR Addict
So I was wasting time on the computer with old "VHS to USB" devices and I came across this footage. Most of you will have no idea that this track was in Carrol County. It was right near Outlaw & Malvern. I bet we all want to know the same thing- What's the property look like right now? (it is most certainly not a track at this time)

No matter what, it was an incredible track. It was BIG. I mean BIG BIG. I understand why people don't have tracks like this anymore but If I had one all to myself, this is what I would build. It was amazing.

TWELVE years ago, I was 33. I couldn't ride MX for crap, but I could jump a ramp- Those darn MX'er's Parma Dave #29 and Deiter K #174 told me about this magical place.

This video is not a "hey look what we did" type of video. It's merely a few minutes of a sick, sweet, perfect weather day in December 2001 at a very special track. Kevin Ott's Place. This was the first day I set tires to the dirt on this track. Imagine yourself at this place. Look carefully at the lines, the SIZE of the jumps-

There is no typical video "sound track" in this video- No "Rock Music" in the background because in '01- the sounds of the bikes were music enough. Hause "0" is fast today and we just saw him at Outlaw. I'll bet he will have an interest in seeing this- he was there that day. #533 was there, #57 is Kevin himself, #16 on a Honda was there, no idea whom they were but we liked it so much, we went back on Dec 5th '01 because the weather was in the 50's.

Have you been here? What do you know or remember about it? Have any pictures? Where are the riders now?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r0QfHp-07h0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That track looks awesome. Even though it's big everything on there looks safe. It looks like on that big double you can ease your way out to where you want to jump then if you decide to go for it the option is there without it being do or die. Nothing on that track looks do or die. I would of love to rode on that.

That was awesome, thanks for posting it! Anyone have a google maps photo of the track now? I enjoy seeing before and after shots of past tracks.

So I was wasting time on the computer with old "VHS to USB" devices and I came across this footage. Most of you will have no idea that this track was in Carrol County. It was right near Outlaw & Malvern. I bet we all want to know the same thing- What's the property look like right now? (it is most certainly not a track at this time)

No matter what, it was an incredible track. It was BIG. I mean BIG BIG. I understand why people don't have tracks like this anymore but If I had one all to myself, this is what I would build. It was amazing.

TWELVE years ago, I was 33. I couldn't ride MX for crap, but I could jump a ramp- Those darn MX'er's Parma Dave #29 and Deiter K #174 told me about this magical place.

This video is not a "hey look what we did" type of video. It's merely a few minutes of a sick, sweet, perfect weather day in December 2001 at a very special track. Kevin Ott's Place. This was the first day I set tires to the dirt on this track. Imagine yourself at this place. Look carefully at the lines, the SIZE of the jumps-

There is no typical video "sound track" in this video- No "Rock Music" in the background because in '01- the sounds of the bikes were music enough. Hause "0" is fast today and we just saw him at Outlaw. I'll bet he will have an interest in seeing this- he was there that day. #533 was there, #57 is Kevin himself, #16 on a Honda was there, no idea whom they were but we liked it so much, we went back on Dec 5th '01 because the weather was in the 50's.

Have you been here? What do you know or remember about it? Have any pictures? Where are the riders now?

<IFRAME height=315 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/r0QfHp-07h0?rel=0" frameBorder=0 width=560 allowfullscreen></IFRAME>

Wow. Too cool. That seems like a lifetime ago. Video never does a track justice. Those jumps were huge! What an amazing place! I talked to Rich from outlaw not that long ago and he was telling me Kevin Ott works with him now. Not sure if hes still riding. That kid used to fly. Thanks a lot for posting this. Those were good times!

i think that 798 i seen was beamer, if so thanks for takin me there buddy ole pal, lol.so who gonna step up and make some huge jumps like that around here besides beans.

I defiantly remember that day. My birthday is the 2nd. Not many times in my life I could ride outdoors in great conditions and one of my fave tracks so close to my birthday. To this day I still talk of that place.

Yes I do!!!! Maybe I'll dig into it. Have you learned anything new about the beasts?

Other than not letting Gorr near another one of my motors? Lol

One of the power valves was almost hitting the piston it was so close. I had that machined but it didnt help. Right now I have the crank at Moto tech in mansfield getting balanced. I should have it together for a Vetfest trial run. If it doesnt get working this round of work Im scrapping it and going back to an Athena 144. That kit is still on my friend Tony's bike, it screams like crazy and its been problem free for over 2 years.

The number 16 was me. That place was awesome. I have a couple hrs of footage from that day and another. Ill post when I get it converted to digital. Those were the good ole days. Beamer, Hause,Ernie Pfaff etc... Now I'm gonna go dust off my 450 and see if I remember how to ride again.

The number 16 was me. That place was awesome. I have a couple hrs of footage from that day and another. Ill post when I get it converted to digital. Those were the good ole days. Beamer, Hause,Ernie Pfaff etc... Now I'm gonna go dust off my 450 and see if I remember how to ride again.

Holding you to that Dan! Put sum fresh gas in that thing, check ur tires and ride this weekend! Rogers has Malvern set up pretty sweet.!!!

Back