Painting versus Picture

Zman

PR Addict
Have a friend who paints. I wish I had skills to do this stuff. 3 foot by 3 foot canvas. Mitchell will be stoked. Few touch ups, clear,and all set.

image.jpg

I just finished a dirtbike painting for a friend on Friday, think that's the 3rd or 4th this year. Have a drawing lined up and another painting for after. Need to decide on the material for that one yet, and wait til I have full motion in my shoulder and no head pains from my crash Sunday.

Pretty cool. Do you strictly use tempera or do dabble with acrylic and oil paints as well? Oil painting on canvas always looks awesome but it's pretty messy and difficult.

That guy's looks like acrylic or tempura, maybe even heavy water color. I use acrylic, but would love to try oil with this, it's too expensive for me. I tried this gel stuff and it gave an impasto effect, gave dirt better definition. My last one was less than half the size Mitchy's will be, can't imagine that kind of patience! I can't figure out how to post photo in mobile either. This guy has the proportions real good!

Definately right on, I'll go ahead and say its watercolor from the dirt, looks like he used a lifting technique of sorts in spots. I like how its mostly blurred, does he plan on leaving it that way? I never know what to do with my backgrounds.

Here is my most recent painting:

IMG_0957.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.197290648581.160576.773988581&type=1&l=ec0b65879c Here is the link to basically everything else I've done, my most recent graphite drawing is not on there though. I plan on fixing something on it before I get another scan of it and eventually the one above (crappy cellphone picture).

Back