Kal-Guard Lubricants

Spagina

PR Elite
Anyone ever use their products? I just got a good sponsorship offer from them, and their MSRP prices are lower than most products I use already anyway, even before applying the discount. Currently i use PJ1 air filter oil, Maxima SC1 detail spray (man i love that stuff), and usually WD-40 for chain lube although lately i have decided that i want to get back to something with a better coating that doesnt stick. After going on their website i see that they have a wd-40 type product (30-30), and two different chain kinds of no sling chain lube (one clear, one i imagine would be white)... they also have a detail spray that smells like cherry's, just like SC1 does.. so hopefully it's a clone of the product.

i was hoping i could get some good reviews of their products before i go and place an order. i probably wont run their oil just because i get a good discount on regular honda motor oil, and i prefer non synthetic.

Anyone ever use their products? I just got a good sponsorship offer from them, and their MSRP prices are lower than most products I use already anyway, even before applying the discount. Currently i use PJ1 air filter oil, Maxima SC1 detail spray (man i love that stuff), and usually WD-40 for chain lube although lately i have decided that i want to get back to something with a better coating that doesnt stick. After going on their website i see that they have a wd-40 type product (30-30), and two different chain kinds of no sling chain lube (one clear, one i imagine would be white)... they also have a detail spray that smells like cherry's, just like SC1 does.. so hopefully it's a clone of the product.

i was hoping i could get some good reviews of their products before i go and place an order. i probably wont run their oil just because i get a good discount on regular honda motor oil, and i prefer non synthetic.

Not familiar with Kal-Guard, but I am curious to ask why you prefer a non-synthetic oil.

Darren

I use a bunch of their stuff, mainly because I got a pile of it with one of my bikes when I bought it. In my opinion it's quality stuff. I've used the spray filter oil, the 30-30, the filter cleaner, the cherry cleaner stuff. It all works great. The cherry cleaner stuff is awesome. Shines the bike up great, and makes the garage smell good for days if not weeks. :) When I run out, I will be buying some more. Haven't used the no sling chain lube though, didn't get that one.

thanks elliott, that pretty much seals the deal for me. cant pass up their prices. anyone who doesnt join mxsponsor.com is crazy... 50 bucks, type up some stuff and add pictures and then you get great discounts on everything. with a good discount on these products i cant beat them.

fluid power.. i just do i suppose. I like to change my oil very frequently and cant justify the added expense of using synthetic when i probably wont be using it long enough to reap the benefits anyway.

cant justify the added expense of using synthetic when i probably wont be using it long enough to reap the benefits anyway.

The benefit is better film strength and higher load protection. You benefit every minute your bike runs. It lasts longer solely for the purpose that it doesnt break down as quickly. It still wont last any longer when your clutch contaminates the oil but will protect your engine better between changes.

fluid power.. i just do i suppose. I like to change my oil very frequently and cant justify the added expense of using synthetic when i probably wont be using it long enough to reap the benefits anyway.

I get it and was just curious. I change the boys frequently as well but error on the side of synthetic. Like Hersey's point, high film strength, etc, etc. It is used in F1 and aircraft for a reason. I cringe when I buy it (by the case) but I have not had component failure due to oil issues ever. I ran the boys 65 a little lean and we had some drama with the crank stuffers, the engine tech asked me what oil I was running and how often I changed it. He couldn't believe how clean the clutch and clutch fibers were.

Darren

Well I guess you guys are changing my mind, maybe ill have to switch over then. I ran synthetic in my crf 250 back in the day cause somehow amsoil gave me all free oil for 2005 even though I was slow. It was crazy lol there had to of been a mixup but they swore everything was right.

Back