Bubba Stewart

John250

PR Founding Father
I finally got around to watching moto 2 from Unidilla. Bubba has a good moto in moto 1, and then.......to no surprise DNFs the second moto after a crash. It is like once Bubba wrecks something is always tweaked and he can not continue. Guys like Reed, Villapoto and Dungey have get offs and they are back on their bikes, and racing again. But not Bubba. It is like he has no drive to hop back on the bike, and get going. His first move is right back to the pits. I understand if you have a serious injury, but man, has he ever heard of getting going again, and gutting it out?

...has he ever heard of getting going again, and gutting it out?

He's heard of it, but been there done that. He feels he has nothing to prove to himself or anyone else for that matter I suppose. He's a vet rider now. Just going through the moitions of showing glimpses of what used to be, but then coming back to what he is now.

In his defense, we do not know the severity of his neck injury in his earlier in the week practice crash. Since way back in 4th in points for the championship, no reason to go out and ruin his 2014 SX campaign in 2013...

Just seems like same old thing all the time.......like he is out there collecting a pay check (which he is). He has some serious speed, but the desire is long gone. That is why you have to respect a guy like Charmichael, walking away at the top of his game. No fading to a 12th place finish (Reed), no crashing out and riding to the pits (Bubba), RC won, and then said good bye.

If I were a team manager though, my superstar or not, he better be pretty waded up if he is riding off the track.

I believe his is mature enough to understand when its worth it and when its not. What makes a motocrosser rise above all is the mental ability to let it all hang loose week after week, and not allow the crashes and injuries to lead to a mental block of fear. It may just be my opinion but riders like JS7 just dont seem have that anymore, he has been up and down the ropes enough times, that once they kill their momentum they sit back and focus on the next moto.

By any means im not saying that JS7 and others are scared, but they have other principles in life now that mean more to them. Reedy hit this same stage when his son was born and soon after he had that nasty SX crash. I'm sure that lead to alot of thinking about the risk vs. reward of running of front.

Back