The Return: Back in Moto

Crash-N-Burn

PR Member
Hey ya'll! It's been forever since I've been on the boards, and even longer since I've been on a bike. I sold my last dirt-scoot round'bout two years ago after breaking into the oil and gas industry. (80+ hours per week being the norm.) This past Saturday night, I ventured to Malvern to spectate. Great atmosphere, decent turnout, but I only recognized a handful of names: Jeremy Taylor, AJ Green, Jeff Pape and Travis McQueen. (The last time I had seen Travis was in the middle of Iraq in the summer of 2009!) Regardless of rider familiarity or not, the smells of campfire, freshly disced loam and race gas took me back to the days when I was introduced to moto: 2001! Standing behind the staging area, Travis and I reminisced of the days in the Youth classes and poo-talkin' on the "old farts" only to realize, we are now those "old farts" in the 25+ and Vet 30 divisions. Where has the time gone?!?! I was surprised to see as many two-smokes as I witnessed. Like many of you vets out there who were introduced to the sport years ago, once you bleed from moto, it's in your blood for life! Throughout the duration of my return home that night, my iPhone was nearly over heating in searching Craigslist and such engines for a new-to-me two-wheeler!
Nevertheless: I will be picking up a dinosaur after work: 2003 YZ125 in need of minor work for $450! The old gear is gathered and the repair parts on order: I'll be riding in less than a week for less than $750! :)
I have no intention of getting serious about racing, just miss riding a dirt bike. (So I say now..) See y'all at the track!

Welcome back yo!

I knows what you mean although I haven't been totally away for more than a few months at anyone time. Just not racing so much anymore. Not so much by absolute choice, but it what it is. Not certain the parts of your locale these days, but the Battle @ BC is going to be the place to be here in a couple weeks. Well, the place for me to be. Been discussion elsewhere on the board about...blah, blah, blah.

See you around!

Back