Action Sports GP Saturday August 24

ActionSports

PR Addict
Round 5 of the 2013 Action Sports Grand Prix season will take place this Saturday, August 24th. The weather forecast is showing sunny skies and warm temperatures once again, setting up for another great weekend of racing. The track will be turned around backwards this weekend for the first time this season. We hope to see everyone Saturday for a great day of racing!

Gate fee is $10, Entry fee is $30 for the first class and $15 for each additional class. Don't forget about the AMA Membership options. A one race membership is $20, a family membership is $99 and good for up to 5 family members, a youth membership for kids 11 and under is $29, and the full membership of $49.

Like us on Facebook at Action Sports Promotions, and Follow us on Twitter @ActionSportsMX. Head to ActionSportsRacing.com for race info as well as event videos from Action Sports Moto Park.

See you at the races!

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
Www.ActionSportsRacing.com<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>www.ActionSportsRacing.com</div></blockquote></div>

We are planning to attend this event. Im seeing post vintage and modern age classes in the same day ....right? PV in the morning and modern age class at the end of the day?

We are planning to attend this event. Im seeing post vintage and modern age classes in the same day ....right? PV in the morning and modern age class at the end of the day?

I was thinking about bringing my '83 125 for the 11:00. Uphills are easier on an old 125 with the backwards track.

The Action Sports GP for tomorrow the 24th is still on. Weather is looking great which will make for an awesome day of racing. For more updates go to our Facebook page. See you all here!

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions

It was a beautiful day, muddy in the am sessions, no mud in the pm, but still a bit slick. Overall, a fun day at a fun track. I guess that's easy for me to say, because I wasn't there for the morning mud lol.

Jeffro, I was thinking of hitting a few of these G.P's in the fall.

I know you are a GP master so I was curious... what kind of set-up are you using for these GP's ? Are ya still on a YZ? ....250 or is it a 300?
What suspension are you using this year? Do you use Bark busters?

The GP races Ive been to in the past were plenty wide and I never felt the need for barkbusters. They are FUN races!

Jeffro, I was thinking of hitting a few of these G.P's in the fall.

I know you are a GP master so I was curious... what kind of set-up are you using for these GP's ? Are ya still on a YZ? ....250 or is it a 300?
What suspension are you using this year? Do you use Bark busters?

I don't know about "master", but I've been doing them a while lol. Still riding the YZ, still a 250, but I've been wanting to try a 300 kit for a good while now, probably get the Athena kit this winter.

Running stock 09 forks, just sprung for my weight, been running a TTX rear shock, going to try the stocker again next race for a comparison.

As far as bike set up, no bark busters for me, but I do use the plastic deflectors to keep vines and stuff from snagging my levers.

Be good to see you at these Marc, we had a pretty good turnout of 50+ at the last race, glad that you are getting healed up enough to come out and play.

Made the trip Saturday. Track was slick and tight in the woods. Not what I expected. No need for bark busters. 250 2 stroke with rear tire in need of a changing was not the hot set up! Slick downhill off cambers were challenging.

Watching numbers as they were around, noticed K0 and we swapped positions a few times. 8 total in 50+ class. Good practice cornering and looking ahead on track but couldn't really get it going. Getting a new tire today...

Made the trip Saturday. Track was slick and tight in the woods. Not what I expected. No need for bark busters. 250 2 stroke with rear tire in need of a changing was not the hot set up! Slick downhill off cambers were challenging.

Watching numbers as they were around, noticed K0 and we swapped positions a few times. 8 total in 50+ class. Good practice cornering and looking ahead on track but couldn't really get it going. Getting a new tire today...

I didn't realize I had a fellow pitracer member lined up next to me, I would have introduced myself. I was on the white YZ250 on your left. Hope you enjoyed the race, it was a bit slick though. You riding the OMA rounds?

Slick? You should have raced the first session at 11am! THAT WAS SLICK, we got it all worked in for you guys! There were a couple times I almost did 360's in the woods.

I run barkbusters, but only because I have them all set to go on spare bars. I've raced GP's without them.

Slick? You should have raced the first session at 11am! THAT WAS SLICK, we got it all worked in for you guys! There were a couple times I almost did 360's in the woods.

I run barkbusters, but only because I have them all set to go on spare bars. I've raced GP's without them.

Pit, you sound like kO, that's what he always tells me when I whine that the 3pm session was slick lol.

I didn't realize I had a fellow pitracer member lined up next to me, I would have introduced myself. I was on the white YZ250 on your left. Hope you enjoyed the race, it was a bit slick though. You riding the OMA rounds?

We'll meet again.., lol
Haven't decided yet if I'm doing the OMA rounds. Going to do the battle and see how that goes. Don't usually race, just practice. More bang for the buck. GP's are nice because I know when I race and don't spend the day there sitting around.

They had a late day unpredicted downpour Friday that swamped parts of an already prepped track. The narrow straight stretch in the valley was a bypassed a flooded section. The course hadn't dried as well as it usually does by 3:00, just stayed slick through most of the woods. Difficult to get a comfortable rhythm going under those throttle and brake control conditions especially on a 250 2-stroke.

In the past I've been spoiled by perfectly prepped tracks at 11:00 for the old bikes but the weather just hasn't cooperated so far this year.

Jeffro, if you are serious about the 300 kit I'll buy the bike back. It's perfect the way it is now. But never mind. I forgot I'm old tired and retired again...

We'll meet again.., lol
Haven't decided yet if I'm doing the OMA rounds. Going to do the battle and see how that goes. Don't usually race, just practice. More bang for the buck. GP's are nice because I know when I race and don't spend the day there sitting around.

I'm in total agreement about the sitting around, only MX that I've raced in years was the Action Sports vintage round this year. Not that many different classes, and I was still tired of sitting by the time the second moto rolled around. I've also gotten way less aggressive on the MX track, the motos were over before I was even ready to go lol. All that being said, I may see you at the battle, if common sense doesn't kick in before then.

kO, if I do get the 300 kit, I will still have the 250 top end, so if I don't like the 300, it will come off. I don't think I can part with the bike anyway, just tore it apart for some maintenance, it's just too nice.

Back