Tire size for a 450?

mxmom413

PR Addict
What tire is better on a 450 a 110 or a 120? Will you get better cornering with a 110 or more wheel spin? I don't have alot of experience so input is appreciated...thanks!

ive ran 110 forever. i recently had a 120 on (there when i bought it) and i feel like i can corner better with the 110. could be mental though.

Depends on what manufacture tire your talking about. Generally common practice is the widest tire a given manufacture offers (we are talking for dirt bikes of course) goes on a 450. It can be personnel preference though to run the size commonly found on a 250f, yet ran on a 450f. If you have a rider that is looking for all the traction they can get then the wider tire is the choice.

Most of the high horsepower 250f's are even running the wider tire meant for the 450f.

Thanks everyone...i have been using the 120 but my rider is 17, 5' 10" 150, felt maybe the 110 would lighten the bike up make it corner better/smoother. My other half says he thinks it will get less tranction on the start and more wheel spin. Both make sense. All your input helps alot!!!

wondering if a 120 wll not chunk as bad. been running dunlops because of my price, but they chunk horrible. My rmz came w/ a 110... my crf has a 120 on it. Wondering if maybe the 120 wont chunk so bad...

I ran both on my 450, I always felt like the 110 did better in corner ruts and deep ruts because it was not trying to climb out of the rut and it breaks loose easier when squaring off corners if that's your riding style. Just my theory though.

Arent most 120's a 80 and shorter? Wouldn't a 110-90 be taller in the rear and offer better turning if that is part of what you're after?

Just a question...

Twist the throttle more John.....it will chunk!!! Lol

man........Hershey has been killing me lately on my riding!! Must be all the prime prepped tracks I am riding keeping it from chunking........or maybe the lack of riding, and I put a new tire on way before it gets to that point. Think the guys that ride in the woods at CCM fight over who's taking my old tire, because I never ask for them back.

Arent most 120's a 80 and shorter? Wouldn't a 110-90 be taller in the rear and offer better turning if that is part of what you're after?

Just a question...

Not sure on that, but man those 80's are hard to change when you have weaker fatter hands... Being a keyboard jockey during the weekdays does not seem to lend to the strongest of hands. Of course about ripping your left thumb off 14 years ago and missing part of the bone doesn't help either.... ;)

ive ran both 120 works really good when its hard pack, blue grooved or slick. the 110 works great in muddy, rutty, or sandy situations. i like the 110 a little more than a 120 just comes down to personal preference and price ultimately.

And if your not rippin knobbies off your missing the full effect of that thing on the right side of the bars......

Back