2014 Supercross on ???

MXracn746

PR Addict
Well, with the demise of SPEED, did I miss something, or what the he11 is SX gonna be broadcast on next year? I don't think CBS will show the entire season, and even if they did, it probably would only be the 450's. Anybody know?

As much as I hate it, it is going to be on Fox Sports 1. Speed is the main reason I switched form Dish to ATT (ATT had Speed in HD for free) Now we get Fox Sports 1. another network to show 518 F'ing college basketball games and when that's not on we get to watch talking heads, talk about college basketball. I don't get it. Why get rid of Speed? That was by far my fav network. Guess I was the only one watching.

I have ATT also. Did they drop Speed, or did Speed Vision go away? Speed Vision is a great channel, or at least could have been a great channel. They needed to focus on motorsports and coverage of motorsports and get away from the show "pinks"

SX and MX should both be large enough now to make ESPN 2 on a regular basis live. I would guess SX or MX draws as many viewers as Nascars truck series races.

Yes and fox sports 2 took over fuel TV. So much for having any motorsports only channels.. My girlfriend works at a cable company and told me for owns just about everything now and every time your cable bill goes up its because fox raises their rates.

Fox Sports One is supposed to being showing the SX next year, it was confirmed somewhere. Sorry can't remember where I seen it. They are also showing the MEC this year. Most of the motorsports that speed showed are supposed to be just rolling over to FS1. Just a name change for the channel.

i wanna see some canadian mx races like were on years ago, that was the best racin on tv, it would be even cooler now cuz of all the ohio boys throwin it down.

didn't happen only racing is trashcar & who cares about the stick and ball drug addicts anyway!!!

You also forgot over paid, and murderer. . . In that stick and ball analysis.

You think NASCAR teams pay to race/practice/qualify at a NASCAR event?

Yes they do pay:

8.How much does it cost for a NASCAR license to be a driver? team owner?
The cost for a license will be $2,420. And if you want to race in the Nationwide or Truck series as well, it will be an extra $110.
How about being a NASCAR owner? It will cost you $2,970.

9.How much does it cost a team owner to enter a NASCAR Sprint Cup race?
If the entry blank is mailed and recieved on time [usually 13 days before the race date] the entry fee is $4,300 to enter a car in a NASCAR Sprtint Cup race. The fee is none-refundable. A late / post entry fee is $5,675 and the car owner nor the driver get any points.(2-12-2013)

I have never seen any form of racing that your not required to pay a registration fee.

Yes it cost a lot more to race nascar BUT... check the minimum payouts... Joe Nemechek received more the $260,000 for LAST place in the Daytona 500 this year. Of course there is a ton more money floating around nascar but what did last place in the 450 class at every national get? The answer is $200. We have gotten way off topic (again..lol) but it is obvious that one organization understands that the participants ARE the show and the other... well, is Coombs...

The facts are all broadcast company pay fees to the organizations for rights to show various events. Those fees are of coursed based on viewership numbers. The numbers for Supercross is outstanding. Above most basketball games, all the X Games, and on par with Camping World truck series.
I have no idea how much Coombs... I mean the "Promoters group" are making from Fox Sports 1, 2 ocho.... but it HAS to be big money. And where is that money going? The purse for a Supercross race is roughly 20% higher then when I was making a living at it 25 years ago.

Again... I got way off topic...
All I do know is that the new Fox Sports 1 sucks arse. Go ahead, check what on right now, I will bet it is 4 or 5 has beens setting behind a desk, talking about sports... Its the same thing that happened to MTV. Remember when they showed videos (Those of you 25 and younger have no idea what im talking about) yes they used to show VIDEO's. No it is shows.... BRING BACK SPEED.

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER NETWORK SHOWING MULTIMILLIONAIRS JOGGING UP AND DOWN A COURT / FIELD. THEN BITCHING ABOUT HOW TUFF THEY HAVE IT.

Wow, I feel better...

All I do know is that the new Fox Sports 1 sucks arse. Go ahead, check what on right now, I will bet it is 4 or 5 has beens setting behind a desk, talking about sports... Its the same thing that happened to MTV. Remember when they showed videos (Those of you 25 and younger have no idea what im talking about) yes they used to show VIDEO's. No it is shows.... BRING BACK SPEED.

WE DONT NEED ANOTHER NETWORK SHOWING MULTIMILLIONAIRS JOGGING UP AND DOWN A COURT / FIELD. THEN BITCHING ABOUT HOW TUFF THEY HAVE IT.

Wow, I feel better...

Haha very true, I'm sure it's only a matter of time before ball sports or those stupid sports argument shows takes over

When speed channel went off and they turned it into GARBAGE stick & ball & (add 1,000 other reasons to complain) I was seriously bummed out. I tried to watch a Nascar event and the "crawl" at the bottom is force feeding me GARBAGE about people that I will never watch, playing with themselves in sports I will never support. I'm super mad and have tried cutting down ALL television because of this lame, lame puke channel.

I'm boycotting all the products they advertise and I'm going to poke myself in the eyes every time I accidentally flip past that horrible channel.

Screw baseball, football & everything without an engine.

The fact is mainstream America in the demographics that spend the most money ( 16~35 males) watch more stick and ball sports the autoracing.

The fact is mainstream America in the demographics that spend the most money ( 16~35 males) watch more stick and ball sports the autoracing.

No dout about that... but there has to be room for both. If Fox wants to be the new ESPN that is fine but at the expense of the ONE network that only shows motorsports?

I have and will continue to send daily email to Fox saying the same thing that Paul mentioned above. I would suggest we all do the same. If we can sit at our computers and bitch about how dusty / muddy, no jumps / too big of jumps, too many classes / add another class to the promoters in our sport, then I think we can tell Fox how stupid "New Coke", I mean "Fox Sports 1" is...

OK so uhhh where will we see the SX races?!?!?!??! AND will they be live? We seem to have wandered a lil left of center here. Some things were said but has anyone verifyd nething?

OK so uhhh where will we see the SX races?!?!?!??! AND will they be live? We seem to have wandered a lil left of center here. Some things were said but has anyone verifyd nething?

Races will be live on Fox Sport 1. They announced that at Vegas

So cancel that network until January 4th

Where does the NASCAR entry fee go. Back to the drivers or to the promoter ? The infield and stands I'd imagine to to the promoter. However it can't be cheap to run that kind of race.

Back