13 rmz 450 oil service

jfalat

PR Addict
Did my first oil change today... was looking in the manual and it said to clean both screens... one screen has the trans magnet on it and the other screen is on the oil pump intake it self... you have to remove the stator cover and pull the cover off the oil pump to clean this screen...what a joke!!! how many of you guys are doing this??? this cant be something you should service often because it a pain to do... any one need a 450 with 4 hours on it!!!!

I checked mine twice and it was fine. It really wasn't that big of a pain.. But stupid yes. Takes just as long as changing oil
On both sides of my new Honda lol

The screen inside the cover is never dirty.
I pulled both screens on the first oil change and the little screen with the magnet had picked up some MFG crud left in the cases. The big one was clean. The second time around the little one came out pretty clean so I checked the big one anyway and it was still spotless. I haven’t checked the big one now in the 4-5 oil changes since.
And ya know the trick of leaning the bike over for a drip-less filter change right?
I buy good oil and run it for 12-15 hrs. …..

Checked mine once and it was clean. 75 hrs now and havent checked it since. The magnet one I clean every change. Its always a little gooey.

Thanks.. Sharc and Dave... i was thinking what a pain to have to pull the stator cover every time i have to change the oil.

Pretty soon someone will set up a quick lube at the track to change your oil like Jiffy Lube. Two weeks ago at AMS a guy was getting $7 a power wash, and $10 for a quad. Add a little chain lube and MX1 shine, and he got like another $5........

Back