Smith Road Annual Labor Day Race

mastiffmom

PR Addict
Smith Road will have its annual Labor day Race on Monday September 2nd. (Bikes, Quads and 3-wheelers are all welcome) We will have our normal Wednesday night practice Wednesday 4:00pm until dark, bikes only. The track will be laid out the same way it will be on Monday. You can claim your spot for Monday and even sign up for the race Sunday evening (time to be announced later this week) You are welcome to drop your trailer but we don't have camping for this event. Gates will open at 6:00 am, Practice starts at 8:00am and the race starts at 10:00 am. We will offer all the CRA classes (we are not CRA we just use their classes to make things simpler) plus a 125cc class, a pitbike class and a "Run What You Brung class" the rules for this class are: the bike must be 125cc and up and there must be 10 people signed up for it. This class has only 1 prize a 6-foot trophy! This is a bike only class. The gate fee is $10 for everyone 10 and over and all riders. The concession stand will open at 6:00 am and stay open until the race is over. There is no pit riding and no pedal bikes allowed. There are 6 coin operated bike washes at the top of the hill. Prize options for the 1st 3 places are 1st place can choose between a T-shirt, $20 Smith Road Bucks or a Trophy, 2nd and 3rd place can choose a T-shirt, Trophy or $10 in Smith Road bucks. If you need to drop something off or pick something up at the track during race day please have your party waiting for you at the gate or you will have to pay admission to enter. Sign ups are in the building across from the concession stand. The people working in the concession stand are hired only to serve food for the day and can not provide you with information about the track/ sign-ups/ awards etc. Thanks we look forward to seeing you all labor day!<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>Cristy Plas
Smith Road Raceway
6868 Smith Road
Medina, Ohio 44256
</div></blockquote></div>

so for all classes are you only trophy-ing down to 3rd (or will 4th and 5th get plaques)?
Yes there are prizes for 4th and 5th, they are a stand alone plaque or I believe a medal is an option. And the kids classes all the riders get prizes (trophy,plaque or medal depending on place)

Not trying to start a fuss.. But will the port-o-Jon's be serviced before the race? I'm trying to get my girlfriend to want to return to the track.

First time 3 wheeler racers - Ohio Trike Crew has a fund to reimburse your entry fee in the 3 wheeler class if you contact me before the event. Check will be issued at the event, after the race.

Paying you 25 bucks at the gate you can check the crappers before practice. Telling you last min doesn't do anybody any good. My gf hates them enough as it is. Not our job.

Oh sweet jesus! Are we really whining about crappers and who is responsible for them? When did motocross turn into a sport for pansies? Go piss in the woods or behind your car for crying out loud. Some people need to take up playing motocross video games instead of heading to the track.

It is easy for you to go pee in the woods but not such an easy task for us ladies. Its a task that is doable but I don't feel like bearing all to use the restroom and hope no one sees me.

Oh sweet jesus! Are we really whining about crappers and who is responsible for them? When did motocross turn into a sport for pansies? Go piss in the woods or behind your car for crying out loud. Some people need to take up playing motocross video games instead of heading to the track.

I could care less. But to say that we as the riders need to let them know when to clean them? THought that was pretty ignorant. Just my 2 cents

For what it's worth, I'm planning to come out Monday (barring a total downpour/mudfest) and my wife wants to take the travel trailer for the sole purpose that she doesn't want to use your jons. As a guy, I could care less. That's the last thing on my mind at the track. Nonetheless, it matters to women and as most racers come to the track with a girlfriend, wife, daughter, etc (not forgetting the female racers), I think something seemingly so trivial as the toilets really does have an impact. Heck, the one guys girlfriend is hesitant to go back to Smith Rd because of a previous bad experience (there's one less entry fee, maybe two) and believe me, I don't want to load up a trailer and haul it all the way out just so my wife and daughter have a clean place to sit their bum! This isn't just specific to Smith Rd but some tracks do a better job than others at keeping their "facilities" in good shape.

I had to buy a motor home to get my family to come to the track.
I call it the $100k porta potty.

If mama aint happy, aint no body is happy. Its a song I think.

First time 3 wheeler racers - Ohio Trike Crew has a fund to reimburse your entry fee in the 3 wheeler class if you contact me before the event. Check will be issued at the event, after the race.

This race reimbursement offer will also be extended to first time mini trike racers who run in the Jr Mini Quad class!

Yes. The women in my family will most likely not come back after weds. What do you tell a preschool aged girl to do when she has to poop? Its not pretty. I believe the situation has been fixed from now on though at Smith rd! Thanks Cristy!

Port O johns have been sucked, scrubbed and lysoled, gates are oiled, track is sealed, Trophies are shining just waiting for someone to claim them (including a spiffy 6 footer for “Run What Ya Brung”)! Biscuits are baked for the sausage biscuits and gravy breakfast special, we have loaded the concession stand with goodies, Fresh donuts in the morning and new coffee makers just waiting to be fired up.

Port O johns have been sucked, scrubbed and lysoled, gates are oiled, track is sealed, Trophies are shining just waiting for someone to claim them (including a spiffy 6 footer for “Run What Ya Brung”)! Biscuits are baked for the sausage biscuits and gravy breakfast special, we have loaded the concession stand with goodies, Fresh donuts in the morning and new coffee makers just waiting to be fired up.

Can you post an update in the morning, the rain has been so spotty all day in different areas I just don't want to race in the mud.

Sorry I keep trying to post and it won't go through : (. The weather here is good, we got some rain last night but the track was sealed so we are good to go!

Back