FMF Fatty, Gnarly, or PC Platinum, Platinum2....shorty or full

So I have a 09 Yz 250 and looking to do some simple mods been looking and so far Ive read fmf Gnarly is low to mid, same with PC platinum2 both have 18gauge steel, so a plus there last longer but whats a good set up for mx? Ive heard that shortys are good for low end but if I went with the gnarly and the platinum2 and a shorty thing is going to be all low end right? lol basically what have you guys ran and whats a good overall powerband set up?

I have the platinum 2 and shorty. Its great for all around riding. I ride mx once or twice a week and try to hit single track a couple times a month. Power wise, Id say it feels weaker than stock. The power is way smoother though and takes out the hit. I go back and forth a lot between stock with shorty and the platinum. I also have v force reeds ,light porting, and 48 rear tooth. The only bad thing is they seem to get beat up bad. My stocker still looks new and Ive destroyed 3 platinum 2s.

I have the platinum and the R304 shorty on my 2012 YZ125.. and the Platinum and 304 factory sound on my YZ250.. Really cant feel much of a difference in my opinion on the two. I have the boysen reeds installed on my 125, a 51T sprocket and just those mods really woke it up!

Ive always been an FMF fan. I had some serious jetting issues once with a PC pipe on my 125 and it almost blew it up. I knew a guy who it did blow up the bike. I think it was a rare case on that model bike only.

PC pipes have always dented very easy compared to FMF in my experience as well. Id say go with the fatty and the shorty. On a 250 you wont really notice the over rev the longer silencer will give you and you will like the added grunt from it.

Ive been checking out the GYTR Pipe and Silencer basically just a FMF and the looks good and probably the same thing as the Fatty but they look cool haha

Plat2+r304 and a vforce3 or vforce4. Slap a steahly 11oz flywheel weight on it and you got a traction/pulling machine. My bike ran great with that.

Plat2+r304 and a vforce3 or vforce4. Slap a steahly 11oz flywheel weight on it and you got a traction/pulling machine. My bike ran great with that.

I would take this advice he could make a 125 skoot!! Lol I just ordered a V3 waiting till pay day to get the rest. See how she runs.

Back