KTM 2014 250 R Two-Stroke Trail bike

WOW........That is one UGLY motorcycle. I like the new KTMs, but what were they thinking on the design of that bike?

I think that KTM is always pushing the looks of bikes these days, and while we think it's ugly today, bikes will look like this shortly....... that's the way it's been for the last 10 - 15 years. Remember how ugly KTM front fenders and number plates were........ now they are all like that.

Seems like a cool idea to bring a low price point bike into the market to get people more involved that can get the job done without needing all of the latest and greatest stuff. Lots of guys just ride in the woods or trails and pricing new bikes out of reach for the average Joe that has no intention of ever racing is a bad idea for long term of our sport........ those "play bikes" don't really exist anymore that are capable of having fun for a full size guy anymore like the old days.

It's Price Point Fun Machine. Much of the rest of the world doesn't have disposable money like we do...
Wonder if it's made in Austria or India?

KTM Dealers have no word to date on when these will be available and we don't have any pricing as yet.
They will be in a very limited supply
We will keep you posted.

www.ktmamerica.com

The article says right at the beginning that they will NOT be imported to the USA. I would imagine that means the supply will be nonexistent here.

Looks like a fun bike, Id like one too if I had the extra money.

Sarah whitmore has an instagram picture that she got to ride one. Not sure where she was but they are def. pretty sweet.

$T2eC16V,!)kE9s4,!!c7BSBJMK(TMg~~48_20.JPG

I'm really diggin these things.......I want to try one out!

Bet you could have a ball at a place like Beans or Western Reserve..

An update. ....KTM has not decided if they will bring these into the USA.

We got to see this in Austria while we were there at KTM in June of this year.

Any word on if the KTM E-bike will be in the States this year?[/QUOTE

Trying to figure this one out as well! Retails for around 10k is what I thought I read? I also read It should come to US in late 2014?

Most people say Im nuts but the possabilities are endless with a bike that makes little to no noise. The potential for a yard track is no longer limited by noise! I love engines like the rest, but if I could have one of these for home track AND a regular moto bike that would be the ultimate setup. Prob a dream but one an dream!

Nope, but I do have a seriously awesome video that I will be posting next week. When we were in Austria we went over to the track on the KTM Campus. They rent out the track time and the bikes to riders there. We got to talk with the guy who was running the place and I toured the area and will be showing you the charging area and the riders and the track .
KTM says there isn't a market here in the USA for these. They are really 'hot' in Austria. Time will tell.
Never say never when it comes to KTM

Marc, I rode a trials bike a few years back at crow at the demo days. They had a little course set up to try and they are a blast.

Back