OIR races to Malvern

MalvernMX

PR Addict
Let me start by saying that my decision to give up control of OIR should in no way reflect badly on the track at all. The bottom line here is that I was an idiot to think that I had the time and energy to run two race facility's.

The last thing I want to do is give OIR a half harted effort, my intention was to bring the same kind of effort that I have put into Malvern to OIR. I realize now that it is just to much.

I left behind a crazy paced excavating business to have more quality time with my family. Now here I am creating the same scenario with motocross.

I am moving the three remaining OIR race dates down to Malvern. This does two things, makes things simpler for me and my staff and allows Chet and Nick time to get the facility the way they want it and have some open practices this year. I think this is the best plan, giving them time to learn the dirt and get the track tweaked with out the pressures and craziness that comes with race day. They will just be better prepared this way.

I am sure there will be those who are not not thrilled by this. I really believe this is the best direction for everyone, including the riders. I can continue to focus on making Malvern the best it can be without getting burned out. OIR is left in the very capable hands of a father and son who have had their heart in this sport for ever and a lot of experience running an Mx facility.

More than understandable, especially when you and your family also race at most events. Good luck to OIR and Rogers is a name we will see in the future of motocross I'm sure! Oh, and yea to more Malvern races!

Back