Silly Slow Old Guys Went to Area 51- It Was Great

fmxpaul

PR Addict
This video is for viewing on COMPUTER SCREENS ONLY. It is 1080 HD and non iPhone compatible, only some were able to view it.

So if you only connect to the internet through a hand held device only, then delete this post and and pretend that you saw this video when we speak about it. There will be a test and I will know if you haven’t seen it- You will be graded accordingly.

This video edit is basically just for us personally (it's not a "pro" video or serious in any way) and it’s 17 minutes long. Sit down with a cold one and pretend you’re there with us. This video has action in it- we tried to capture the essence of our experience and our fight for race positions on the track. I had one of the best battles that I have had in the last 10 years and we have it in the video for you to see. Sure, we were all way faster 10 years ago but screw it- now it's all about staying healthy and nothing more.

We used a digital camera to shoot stills, a hand held HD camcorder for some of the footage and the Go Pro camera for the on track action. If we would have had a dedicated camera person, the edit would be almost network quality, in our opinion. (it’s too bad that Speed Channel is gone- maybe we could have saved it with our videos...)

The bar banging out on the track for positions happens in several very hard fought battles by both my buddy Chris and myself. I simply cannot contain myself with joy and how fortunate all of us are, to be able to do what we do.
You- Me, all of us. Count your blessings because there is a lot to be thankful for and we are all truly blessed.

At any rate- spend 17 minutes (that goes by hopefully fast) with a couple hundred full grown “men-children” and watch us shoot rocks at each other with our tires for no apparent reason.

Video Link:
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ReKaCg_Y7oQ?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
(it’s still processing at this point so if it’s not full HD yet, don’t worry)

Thank You and Have a Pleasant Tomorrow.
Paul

Nice...Looks like a race that I would like to attend. Only thing I saw on that track, were those big hay rolls........a few place where they are placed, seem like they are just right to jump out and grab an end of a handle bar and put you on your butt.

I like the little edits in between, good stuff!

Oh I noticed quite a few rollers in the video btw, lol.....

Great video, looks like you had a great time!! It was good to meet you. Maybe we will see youguys again. We are are headed back to area 51 for the halloween race. I was told to head to Pavilion next, they say its like area 51, guess we will have to try that one too. That NYS dirt, hills and long tracks with space to make a pass make it alot of fun!

I like the little edits in between, good stuff!

Oh I noticed quite a few rollers in the video btw, lol.....

I thought of you every time I ran through them and knew I'd have to quit whining and say "yeah, I guess they're all right"... hahaha

The hay bales are basically to protect riders from trees, drop offs and that sort of thing. But sure the ruts appeared mighty close to them in spots. The "A" riders (oh I mean the top 15 "C" riders) were going so fast that the hay bales would disintegrate with the wind as they passed...

Can't wait to go back.

I made the video :) Off the gate on the first go pro start, I come up on your left. Then you see me again when you passed me. I shouldn't of let that second part happen. lol sweet video.

I made the video :) Off the gate on the first go pro start, I come up on your left. Then you see me again when you passed me. I shouldn't of let that second part happen. lol sweet video.

Yeah, I knew it was you- it took me I think 2 laps or thereabouts to finally catch you. You were going pretty damn good.

Kelly was going fast at Area 51...she smoked all the other girls on the night track Saturday night!

Hmm after rethinking this, Paul you want to take it to the night track. :)

Thanks for the kind words Greg and Paul. I do better on tighter tracks, wish I could somehow figure out the same things on the big track.

Nice video Paul, thanks for sharing! Sorry I missed it this year. Looks like they changed up a couple sections and the new bibs looked awesome!

Paul....I always enjoy your videos! I love your commentary during the race especially with the guy you were battling with...especially enjoyed the mind games of doing the "whoo-hoo" during the race ...that always works on me in practices when people do that...I usually let them by...good stuff !!

Nothing better than some good clean racing with someone just about your speed.
Looks like ya had a great weekend. Way Cool Vid.

Man, thanks you guys- Yeah, it was so much cooler in my head than the way it came out in the video. To me, I was battling for the win. It was not for the win but when you work for the position- it's incredible. All I want to do is race.... (again)

Just watched the video. Very cool! Made me want to get out there and race. Nice job on the video and the race.

Nice work! Enjoyed it. I once had my bike upside down in the track like the dude early in the video.
Thanks for the video. Very nice.

Nice video. I was in the black trailer across from you. As you take off its on your left. I had the two dogs. What classes did you race? I was in +40 and +45. Motos 4 and 11

Well I finally took the time to watch this vid.....Outstanding job! you must have too much time on your hands! Lol

Those types of battles are always the best! Im sorry I had to miss that race, Id like to hit up the halloween race in Oct though.

Well I finally took the time to watch this vid.....Outstanding job! you must have too much time on your hands! Lol

Those types of battles are always the best! Im sorry I had to miss that race, Id like to hit up the halloween race in Oct though.

I don't watch sports or TV anymore now that Speed's gone so yeah- at night, I edit footage while drinking beers. Beware of any post I put up, after 11PM, it may be saturated with Labatt's.

:)

Nice video. I was in the black trailer across from you. As you take off its on your left. I had the two dogs. What classes did you race? I was in +40 and +45. Motos 4 and 11

I ran in +30 and +40. I got 16th in one of them and 18th in the other. Both had 30 or 31 riders, so Mid-pack at a big sandbagger filled race like that? Yeah I loved every minute of it. Hoping to make the OCT27 race as well.

Back