Saturday Night Hillsboro Ohio was Anaheim 1

ck1racerx

PR Addict
So I signed up my 5 year old son for his first EVER race Saturday nite at the Highland County Fair. Thinking "it will be the typical fair track" this would be a good place for him to dip is toe in the racing world. Boy was I wrong.

At first sight I could tell the track was built WRONG and would be "iffy" at best. But my son was all wound up so its not like I could tell him "we are going home". Long story short, he crashed HARD on the first lap just trying to ride the jumps. Talked to the guys running the event (Super nice guys) and they said they may work on the track. After practice, yes I said after practice, they decided to work on the jumps. SO they jumped in a Bobcat and proceded to re-dress the jumps from the bottom to the top. You guessed it, all the jumps throw you in funky direction (most of which were over the bars). The guy building it said "I seen it on a Supercross, so I thought I would build it here". Again, they were super nice guys and even gave my son a trophy for trying but just because you are good at running a Bobcat does not mean you can build a motocross. Ask for help from someone that has rode a track on a bike.

Nevertheless, my son was not fazed by the track and can not wait to race again. Here's to hoping OMA takes over all motocross tracks and fairs in the state. We need good SAFE tracks for everyone. And yes, safe can be challenging. Including triples.

I am very upset with myself for letting him ride. Man, I never want that felling again.
Thanks, I feel better.

CK

You'll be a full on Psycho Mini Dad before you know it!!!!

As long as your son is having fun, that's the key. He'll be running those types of jumps regularly before you know it and you'll wish he was still barely getting off the ground on the PW50 again.

Trust me, I hit full Psycho the first time I took him to the track. Already shopping for a motorhome for LL next year... With this being my third son and he being the only one that showed an interest... yeah I have went full nutty

Back