2014 Suport for Arena Cross Series

#23_Racing

PR Addict
Looking to see if there is a dealership out there that would be willing to work with us for the 2014 Arena Cross East series. Scottie is 17 years old and is headed out to SOBMX to train for the next 3 months to get him ready for the 2014 Amsoil Arena Cross Series with high fuel and no real close races this will be a tough year to run this series but we have made the call to do it and could use a little help. We are looking for a dealership to work with us in anyway they can or anyone else that would be willing to help out a young Ohio rider. Please message me for further details and thanks. Scottie is racing the Pro Class in this Series. The bike is open for your graphics. Thanks again

I am going to help you out with some very good advice. First Scott needs a 1 page resume with his past race information. Also add a page with a few pictures, to include a shot where he is in gear without a helmet so you can see his face. He also needs a cover letter that explains what he is trying to accomplish, and the expenses he will incure. Put these pages in a clear report cover to give to your potential supporters. Next, have a plan as to how you can help or benefit, the people your requesting support from. Logos on your bike isn't the answer here. They deserve personal things, maybe even appearances. Stay away from the motorcycle industries. They are down, they may offer nice discounts, but they arn't giving $. Ask your dealer to introduce you to some distributors and reps. They can also help with better than dealer cost discounts. This is a small community don't burn bridges, they will never go away.
And the most important thing I can tell you is this is Scottie's deal, he needs to do the leg work! Not Dad! If I'm going to help someone I want to help someone with ambition, not their parent.
Good luck I hope this helps.

I am going to help you out with some very good advice. First Scott needs a 1 page resume with his past race information. Also add a page with a few pictures, to include a shot where he is in gear without a helmet so you can see his face. He also needs a cover letter that explains what he is trying to accomplish, and the expenses he will incure. Put these pages in a clear report cover to give to your potential supporters. Next, have a plan as to how you can help or benefit, the people your requesting support from. Logos on your bike isn't the answer here. They deserve personal things, maybe even appearances. Stay away from the motorcycle industries. They are down, they may offer nice discounts, but they arn't giving $. Ask your dealer to introduce you to some distributors and reps. They can also help with better than dealer cost discounts. This is a small community don't burn bridges, they will never go away.
And the most important thing I can tell you is this is Scottie's deal, he needs to do the leg work! Not Dad! If I'm going to help someone I want to help someone with ambition, not their parent.
Good luck I hope this helps.

Exactly right...I got a resume from a vet rider that has some nice sponsorships and used it as a template it to tailor to Jacks needs. He ended up not using it but the one we looked at was nice and to the point. A great starting point to get support.

Helped out a lot but I posted on here because Scottie dosent do the forum thing at all he has 0 drama level and I got rid of mine as soon as SRS Suspension picked him up and we talked about things. I have never been one to bite my lip and speak my mind when I felt like it but have learned to not state my opinion on these forums and just let my son do what he loves to do and its been a lot better without the drama. Does anyone have a template or an old resume I can work off of as I have never filled one out for him before, I guess its time. Thanks and any info on the right way to do things would be awesome.

On top of a resume, a blog or website that has recent race reports and results with pictures is great to share with fans and sponsors that you do have or get. Take a look at (GASP!!) alessiracing.com or the munn report on vurbmoto and facebook. they make sure their sponsors get their products or services noticed and exposed with these sites, plus makes it easy for your sponsors to see what their investment is doing.

Only Dealerships need respond? Really??? Give me a call, Scott. I am a big Scottie fan, as you know. Maybe I can help.

Back