Oma gp

k01

PR Elite
Any old bikes coming out for the OMA GP series? I haven't decided if I should try something old or just keep it simple and stay with a modern bike for the 11:00 session.

Wish I could race as would bust out the 76 Maico 250 & see how many new bikes I could pick off as I love GPs!

Good luck to all going as the GPs are a blast.

If anyone goes you will have to give us a race report.

Maico Mark

We're going to try the Malvern GP on the '81 KX250. I'm thinking about going to Beans to check it out. They sound like they're all kinds of fun. I haven't taken the MX apart yet to see what broke at VMD, otherwise that would have probably been the weapon of choice.

Kevin

I put some time on the '96 360 at BC yesterday. Right now I'm thinking it will be the 11:00 ride.

Oh, I see. Very cool bike. I figured it wasn't a Yammerhammer, just couldn't think of what it could be.

Are you planning on riding all of the GP's?

Kevin

I plan on going to as many as I can. Subject to change though of course. Just saw in that old tread that I caught a nasty cold about this time last year.

OMA GP Series update......we are allowing everyone one throwaway race, so we will count your best four finishes. Also, round 2 at Action Sports will require AMA memberships as Drew is an AMA track. Something that I def. overlooked. I did find out today that they do offer a one day AMA membership for $20, a family of three membership for $99, and all kids 12 and under memberships are just $29. OMA memberships will not be required at the Action Sports round, but will be required at all of the other tracks, and will be required for series awards. We will be selling OMA memberships at round 2, if anyone wants to become a member there and finish the rest of the series.

Scratch the '96 360 Husky for this weekend. Clutch cable is kaput and of course it's a weird one. Putting bark busters on the '83 YZ 125 for tomorrow. Usually don't use them on that bike but not sure what the course will be like.

Looks like 125's all day for kO, maybe you can get a DQ challenge together at the last minute.

Nice meeting you gents yesterday. I'm going to try to make the Action Sports round next week. Did you guys stay for the Vet sessions?

Kevin

There were a few of us around at 3:00. Don't get to talk a another 360 MX guy every day!

DQ Challenge??? Did I miss out? Freaking Jeffro got me at the end! But he was on a 250! Lol

First time I have raced my 125 in years, made the poor little thing sing and had a blast! I have to miss the next round due to Davefest but I will hit the last 3 rounds for sure!

I thought they just came from behind, maybe so though. They did go by awful quick!

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't lap you guys, I made a few wrong turns early and got behind. I guess since I was out of my area code I didn't know what to do lol.

Back