9-11-2001

I wake working at kames.. it was all over the news right when i was getting to work. people cryin in the store..

I was working at home on the computer when the live coverage came on TV. I recorded 2 hours of the news.

Weird feeling for sure.

First day at General Motors. Morning break in the break room, I asked what movie they were watching. Definitely won't forget that day.

I was fishing for walleye on Lake Erie in Canadian water. We listened to it on the radio and wondered what we would be returning to.

My brother and I were in construction at the time and we were building a barn/house at the end of Long Island and had to return a few days later. I took pictures of the smoke rising from the city. I must say that it was very sad to see people posting adds for missing people on telephone poles, and in the papers.

Working at my current job, but listening to an Internet radio station out of Boston. I will never forget when they broke the news. They were dead serious, totally different tone in their voices. I actually went home to watch the news that day. All was not lost, one of my nephews were born that day. Happy bday Tanner!

I was in 2nd period biology 1 with lab. Mr mizer was my teacher. An aid peaked in the door and said the world trade centers were just hit. I rememeber thinking "oh arent those in china thats no big deal?" and someone said no i think its in new york. We were all pissed because mizer wouldn't let us turn the tv on. But looking back from a more adult perspective I think that was a good move. Then in civics we probably talked about it for 3 weeks. The lesson plans went out the window and that's all we discussed. Radical Islam, terrorism, American freedom. Freedom isn't free. . . At 13 years old it didn't seem real.

I was walking out of a sales call, and my wife called me fractic saying that we were being attacked.

i was at work at ford motor company in avonlake . we shut the line down and watched the news in horror and anger. we were all so mad that anyone would dare to attack the usa. Now this day it brings tears to my eyes on how far the world has fallen .i will never forget what that day meant and how it changed how i look at life and the world forever. i just hope thru people like on this site we all come togehter and make the world a better place for our kids.

I was at job site in Columbus . Heard it on my radio in my lift . Somber day , just sat at our work trucks and listened to news coverage . We were only 5 miles from port Columbus airport , so quiet and erie with no air traffic noise ...

I had just bought my company that year, I was always running ragged and stressed anyway. I just got in my truck to run parts to the guys and my office manager called to tell me the first plane had hit. I thought to myself "wow what a horrible accident!". Then the second plane hit....."Oh s**t we are being attacked!!!!"

I had just moved back to Ohio from NYC only months before the attacks! I had buddies working in the WTC that day. I was calling their wives frantically to see if they heard anything and if they made it out ok (and fortunately my buddies did make it out). When I was living in NYC I used to meet these guys after work down at the WTC. Talk about a sick and sad feeling watching those towers fall.

Was in sophomore history class...my step-dad was yelling at us at home like we were in trouble "this will changes your lives forever"...scary day!

Back