Thunder Valley Motocross

Track is relatively easy and all in a valley. Zman and I went there for youth regional with the boys a few years back, and they had nothing there that 65's couldn't do....... no giant jumps or anything else. Nice track, nice layout, and a bit hard to get to with lots of state routes once you leave the interstate. I think it was about an 8 hour drive to get there if I remember correctly.

They'll offer 42 classes...
How's the track?

Well duh...its Victory Sports. They will get 700+ riders and be done just after lunch........They operate in a different time and space portal. I think its 1/3 time, as in the clocks run at a 1/3 of the time, while everything around you seems fine.

Good to see your back into racing Tom!

You are like DMX153 and McGuire, never sure if your done or not! Lol

Well duh...its Victory Sports. They will get 700+ riders and be done just after lunch........They operate in a different time and space portal. I think its 1/3 time, as in the clocks run at a 1/3 of the time, while everything around you seems fine.
How does OMA procure said clocks?

Actually they are a good example to learn from... Yes, I got more data for everyone. "Average race" for Victory was last week at Muddy Creek. They had 527 signed up. From 10 states. They ran 41 different classes combined into 22 moto's. They ran 10 min motos and were done around 5:30.
It is not uncommon for them to group 3 or 4 classes into ONE group. As soon as they pass the first turn, the next class starts. (For sure helps that the average lap time is around 2 min)
Their races do run like a well oiled machine and yes, that comes with experience. BUT. Anyone can go watch how they do it. Take a lawn chair, note pad, stop watch and $20 to get in the gate. BAM... learning experience.
The tracks and promoters from Ohio are not the ones that need to take the notes, its the riders. NO ONE complains at their races... Well, they may complain but NO ONE is there to hear them. You show up, sign up, practice, race and leave. If you don't like something, they will tell you to skip to the last step.
If you understand the definition of the word monopoly then you will understand how they get away with it. BUT, few really do complain and most show up at the next race. They treat everyone great and tweak the program to continually improve.
Again, lots of experience, money and people but they may be the best in the country. And it shows at EVERY event. (Who does the track work and supplies most of the people for LL? You got it.)

Busy week end down dale hollow. Got down their Thursday night. Woke up Friday. clean cutters cut grass. Went sea doo riding intill dark. Sat. moring went to Thundervalley. Practice from 930 till 1. came back to the house. Went sea doo intill dark. Sunday WENT RACING. 45+ and 50+. Well I still have the hole shot down. Went 4 for 4 on my starts. In 45+ went 2 / 2 for $35.00. 50+ went 1 / 1 for $50.00 great week end. Track was good. They did a good job.

Good Deal! Congrats!.....
Sounds like a great weekend......you lay down the rules old man, let's see the kids keep up!

It's back.
Thunder Valley MX
Mid-East Area Qualifiers
LocationThunder Valley MX - Livingston , TN
TimeMay 21, 2016 - May 22, 2016
4.5 hrs from Cincinnati.

Back