Chad Reed --- and 22 racing

hershey

PR Elite
So with chad finishing 15th OA this year in the outdoor nationals is anyone else thinking he is on the brink of retirement? I think he has lost his edge after his Millville Chadapault incident. He was going to win that year IMO.

And what about Roczen, Im thinking he will be on the 22 team shortly.

The silly season is upon is but I haven't heard too much about who's riding what and for whom?
Although Reed didn't set the world on fire this year his bank roll isn't hurting. I could see K-roc under
the 22 tent (minus the tablecloth's).

Weston Pieck needs a ride! I would love to see him on an RCH bike.

Reed is testing bikes and offers to see where he can get some funding to race himself at this point for another year. He tweeted a "white" KTM front fender a little while back and people are making claims that he'll be riding a new Husky, Red / White version of a KTM now since KTM bought Husky and are keeping the brand alive while dismissing Husaberg with the takeover of Husqvarna and making that a new brand. He is definately done with Honda as they had a parting of the ways immediately after the season was over and Honda took all of their factory stuff back from him after he was saying the new bike wasn't very good. Barcia and Canard seemed to do fine on it, but some things fit others better so who knows...........

Chad apparently didn't want to lose the team as it was stated that he was very close to signing with RCH to ride the Suzuki, but the 22 Team would be gone if that was the case and he decided he still has enough weight to make a go of it for another year with another brand and then possibly run a team with riders in the future. So he could end up the first Factory Backed Husky Team under KTM ownership and work on that for the future..........?????

Who really knows.......... but he still wants to race.

Income wise, i'll bet he's similar to Dale jr. in nascar. Still has the cash flowing in whether he's winning races or not.

What Robin said, and as far as anyone else during the off season, every one is pretty much locked into rides. The only big changes are Rockstar switching to KTM and whatever happens to Reed. Next year however, pretty much everyone except for Villopoto is going to be on the block to secure rides for 2015. And as far as Peick is concerned, since it doesn't look like he'll be on a team this year, if he does what he did in 2013 again in 2014 he'll end up on some kind of team.

So with chad finishing 15th OA this year in the outdoor nationals is anyone else thinking he is on the brink of retirement? I think he has lost his edge after his Millville Chadapault incident. He was going to win that year IMO.

I think it was the Dallas SX get-off that did it to him. He's still about the 10th fastest sx rider in the world, which when you think about it isn't bad, just not where he want to be.

Peick would be an excellent fill in rider as soon as someone gets hurt in SX. He's good, he's available, and he'll do well for your team, which is what they look for in a fill in rider, then he can ride into full time team once he's there is my bet. And there are bound to be guys that get hurt just before the season starts this year giving him a chance if he does well in Australia and doesn't lose value there by getting hurt or being slower than the Australians he's racing against.

And yes, most teams and contracts are set for the coming year, so not a whole lot of switching this year between people. Roczen is set at KTM for the coming season......

I think Reed is in a position to pick what ever bike he wants, he just used the outdoor season for training, and he is going to come out swinging for the SX season. He was always an SX guy.

I bet Reed ends back up on Yamahas. Someone will be added to his team, and Roczen is going no where. Decoster likes him, and they will keep him.

I think I remember them saying on the miller national broadcast that Weston has turned down rides.

Back