1960's Scrambling !!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Stolen from a post over at Vital.
This is so cool.. Take a look..
Dig the posters in "Dave Smith's" garage!!

I sat and watched this every Saturday afternoon on Grandstand, the 5 hour long BBC sports show that ran all kinds of sports. We'd build frankenbikes in metal shop, and try to scramble on the local coal hills. It was way muddier on saturday races than the video shows. Then Again, it was England. Long live BSA.

Good find. Could definately here the suspension working. ;) Thank goodness for those extra grip tires. Wish I could get one of those kit price deals today!! :)

Never had a British bike but I did have a green Morris Minor like the one that shows up a few times in the film. And in '78 I did take a bike to a race in the back of a Mini.

Never had a British bike but I did have a green Morris Minor like the one that shows up a few times in the film. And in '78 I did take a bike to a race in the back of a Mini.

My 1st car (well 2nd, the first blew up after a week) was a Morris Minor. Great until winter and the heater and defroster didn't work. Better than taking a Honda CB 200 in winter though. Minis rocked. They were the auto rally choice for poor guys back in the day. Before Porsche and the big name cars. The bikes though...... we had hours of fun riding puch mopeds, and old BSAs that we could throw together. Never had any special grip tires.

Yeah.....loved Dave Smiths garage!! Cool video. I saw some old tapes one time from some scrambles that DMC used to have back in the 60s.

Back