allstate insurance?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
Anyone have a POSITIVE experience w/ allstate?

I have been doing a lot of shopping around, for 3 cars, 3 bikes and the house.. and allstate was the best rates considerably on everything, so I signed with them.

Shortly after someone in the insurance business (not someone trying to sell me insurance thougH) told me how AWFUL they are. Did some googling and would have to agree, sounds really bad.

However, theres also bad reviews about the rest of them, and its hard to find GOOD things that people have to say, as we all know most people only rush online to complain about the bad.

So anyone personally have any experience with allstate? As far as customer service or claims go? Just wondering if I should keep shopping around and bail out on them asap or not.

i have had no issues other than my payments going up a couple of times for no reason. my agent is awesome and she helps any way she can and with the couple hiccups, she got my payments lowered each time.. ive been with them for 10 years. motorcycles too.. ive only had one accident claim with them and everything went as it should have and in a timely manner.

Had alstate for 8 years with no problems. Then again I never had a claim. Switched to geico about a year ago cause they sponsor motocross. Bill has went down twice. Again, no claim but my bill never went down with all state. Cheaper and supports our sport. win win

Allstate everything here. My agent constantly gets my home and rental house rates better and coverage improvements too. Had one accident years ago and it didnt affect my rates at all. Had a Few minor house claims from weatber related damage without problems. slight increase in a premium once. Your agent has lots to do with it.

Insurance is over rated. I did a surch on my Obama Phone and found out you don't need to get insurance until after something happens.

Have had allstae since the mid 80s... Never a problem (never a claim) hail damadge from 4th of july, over a year ago. Just now finishing repairs on house, had to fight them tooth and nail for everything. Funny how they have no problem cashing my checks for the past 30 yrs but when its time to write me one i almost needed a lawyer??

If you can qualify (preferred company) then Cincinnati Insurance is probably the absolute best out there. But they do credit checks, driving record, etc.

I've got Farmers and my rates keep creeping up every year....but nobody could come close to my Home owners rate. I get calls to switch and everyone is nearly double per year.

Allstate is by far the worst company to deal with when settling a personal injury claim. If you call 10 personal injury attorneys and ask who is the worst insurance company guaranteed 80 percent will say Allstate.

Had Allstate for nearly a decade through Lee Englman (Real Cheesy Fella / reminded me of the Character Ben Stiller played in the movie Dodge Ball... Seriously!!! ) in Lancaster, Ohio. Made some substantial improvements to our house and needed to increase coverage. Not only did I get extremely better rates with another Agent and Company. I found out just how bad this guy and Allstate were gouging me. It was absolutely shamefull. I was young and Naive, so I was partly to blame. but still I felt Victimized.

My wife was in a small town in mid summer 2008 driving a 2007 Civic on a side street. Two large dogs running full speed hit the side of here car and damaged the Driver side front fender and Door at the door seem and the other dog damaged the rear door and quarter panel. Looked like she had been hit by two deer. These dogs were big! Home owner admitted fault Sheriff took a report. Filed a claim with the homeowners Insurance Allstate.
Our insurance had to Pay to repair our vehicle and file suit against the People who owned the dogs to recover their losses. ( Our Insurance took care of everything so so I don't know if Allstate Honored their policy for those folks or not).
Aside from FLO, I am not a big fan of ANY insurance company.

Back