Messing up the flow?

How the H_ll do you keep everybody happy.

I like the whoops at Malvern and if I could triple the camels in vet sport, the place would be allot better. Only problem is I'm getting to the point that I shouldn't be attempting triples, so I use braking and slow speed to avoid pain and places like the whoops to pass people who don't like them.

BC's A/B track is awesome except for the ski jump after small tunnel in the middle. That sucks for me because I have not figured out how to do it without pain. Is it the tracks fault ? I think not, and who am I to say if I would just down side the tunnel / camel the ski jump would be easy.

Beans GP had this gnarly little speed bump that blocked the inside line going up the hill after table and tunnel jump. Somebody put that there to screw with us Beans Moto guys, they also took out the sweeper turn by the tower that I like so much, I got lost on the first lap because I felt like now we know what we are doing and we better get on it, because those trees could really hurt. I blew right through the course and went to screem around the corner only to find no ruts and rider coming my way. Duh - stupid track has no flow ?

To each his / her own on what works, but when it's working for the rider a moto full of smooth riding through out the track is a thing of beauty that we all live for.

Malvern's roller section ruins your "flow" Gary because it is tough! As soon as you think you have a good line through them, there is one that drops down real deep and screws you up going through them. This does not make Malvern bad........it is just a tough section to go through really fast unless your McDade........Malverns track goes together really well though. If your complaining out the way that track rides, you need to ride some others for sure and see how nice it actually is.

Flow is a personal opinion of how well the track allows a rider to feel like that are going fast and uninhibited by the obstacles and turns. I dislike the term flow. A track never flows, a rider is the one with the flow.

YES! It's not the track's problem...it's the rider's...THANK YOU OZ for putting that out there. Motocross is an ADAPTATION SPORT...you adapt. Changing the track to suit a riders ability is pure BULLSHIT. Everyone has to adapt to the same conditions.

YES! It's not the track's problem...it's the rider's...THANK YOU OZ for putting that out there. Motocross is an ADAPTATION SPORT...you adapt. Changing the track to suit a riders ability is pure BULLSHIT. Everyone has to adapt to the same conditions.

Do you need a Xanex this morning Mr. Mosher?

I agree that a track has to have a good flow to it.
If you can run a nice steady comfortable pace that is fast for you and flow from obstacle to obstacle with out getting out of your comfort zone
the track has good flow
If you can go fast and smooth than come to an obstacle that doesn't work in relationship to the last than the tracks flow is not good
When a track has good flow you leave there feeling like you are on top of your game and the evenings riding was great.
When the track has bad flow you can't do good laps and you feel like your fighting the bike everywhere
We rode Malvern last nite and left after about an hour and a half because the flow of that track is off.
It use to be our favorite track but now I feel you can't get around that track smooth because something has the flow disrupted.
Dirt World has the same issue now,the small rhythm section now doesn't flow with the track,I could not find a way through that section now that was smooth
So for me the track doesn't have good flow,Has some fun sections that flow but the whole track doesn't work together
I think it is a matter of opinion for each track for each person if the track has good flow or not
When you can get on a track and ride smooth and enjoy how you are riding than that track flows well for you
I love Malvern but the one section after running parallel to the road you make a left and go thru those what ever they are humps messes up the flow to the track
I watch as many people go thru there as I could and see most everyone has an issue with that section
Don't mean to pick on any track just trying to describe what I believe a tracks flow is
Ill stop now,sorry to ramble on but I do believe every track should have good flow

As an example...look at how many times you wrote "If you can..."

YOU.

Right
If you can
thats what I am saying,its the particular rider and his ability to make the track flow together thats makes it fun to ride

BC's A/B track is awesome except for the ski jump after small tunnel in the middle. That sucks for me because I have not figured out how to do it without pain. Is it the tracks fault ? I think not, and who am I to say if I would just down side the tunnel / camel the ski jump would be easy.

I have found that if you shift up a gear it smooths the landing out a ton. I think it has to do with the engine braking of a 4 stroke. I told a friend to shift in air or before jump and he was amazed at how much it improved the landing.

I have found that if you shift up a gear it smooths the landing out a ton. I think it has to do with the engine braking of a 4 stroke. I told a friend to shift in air or before jump and he was amazed at how much it improved the landing.

That's what I've been doing on my smoker. Sets you up nice for the straight as well... Before I was doing that it was messing up the flow. Before that when I wasn't doing it, there was no flow there... ;)

That's what I've been doing on my smoker. Sets you up nice for the straight as well... Before I was doing that it was messing up the flow. Before that when I wasn't doing it, there was no flow there... ;)
I like it ! My last experience on this section was on my 350 4T and I agree with engine breaking and up shifting, but I think I gotta do it before take off on camel and downside, then go. Not sure I could make shift before ski jump. Tommorrow I am bringing my 250 2T, I really don't like engine breaking and don't want to have to figure out. My KTM brakes work real good and I wanna tell the bike when to slow down and when to get up and go.
But then again, if this rain keeps up like they say, tommorrow is gonna be real rough and if the ski jump landing is tacky, ain't no way I'll jumping it and I'll be back to figuring out how to bounce the m........ fricking thing that some stupid.......... track owner put in there to mess with my flow !
I'll have to just enjoy the deep ruts and gnarly braking bumps that are sure to develop, or hide on the c track.

Not sure I could make shift before ski jump.

Have to shift in air after tunnel take off and be on gas when you downside the tunnel. At least that's when it works out best. If I do not clear the tunnel, I have to stay in 3rd to have the gusto to make it over. I have an extra 50cc to work with on my KX250 as well, so that makes a little difference. Other than low end torque, power is similar to a 450 4T...similar I said.

Good luck. It's not a jump you'd wanna mess up on, but really sweet (mucho flow) when you hit it. ;)

BTW- BC should be sweet tomorrow with that rain we are getting here. I'm 10 minutes from track and with JO having the semi-dome over BC, betcha he'll have to water in the morning in some sections.... ;)

Loretta's doesn't have a good flow. " Flarider" yearly Loretta's thread always brings this to light. And still every year there are guys that get 40th and the. And then There is pleasinger who finds the smooth flow at any track.

Efbride: 100 pot stir points. 400 for class and taste (x.25) = 100

I like it ! My last experience on this section was on my 350 4T and I agree with engine breaking and up shifting, but I think I gotta do it before take off on camel and downside, then go. Not sure I could make shift before ski jump. Tommorrow I am bringing my 250 2T, I really don't like engine breaking and don't want to have to figure out. My KTM brakes work real good and I wanna tell the bike when to slow down and when to get up and go.
But then again, if this rain keeps up like they say, tommorrow is gonna be real rough and if the ski jump landing is tacky, ain't no way I'll jumping it and I'll be back to figuring out how to bounce the m........ fricking thing that some stupid.......... track owner put in there to mess with my flow !
I'll have to just enjoy the deep ruts and gnarly braking bumps that are sure to develop, or hide on the c track.

shift it in the air and pin it. no sweat.

Sometimes flow IS good!

Attachments

• 50455_hYeocKxCsWiATS1ID1AR0NrQJ.jpg
    50455_hYeocKxCsWiATS1ID1AR0NrQJ.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 80
Checked out Route 62 MX yesterday for the first time. That track was great and had awesome flow!

Back