1994 rm 125 crank Assy? who? where? and other years fit?

Trying to fix up a 94 rm 125 with bad threads and splines on the crank. It looks like no one makes a replacement and the best i can find is an OEM for almost $400. am i just screwed on this bike. I know i can find a used one on ebay from $100- $200 but who knows what the condition of the used ones are. do other years fit. I think 92-95 are the same. any help would be great.

Mark

Nobody makes an entire crank assembly aftermarket -- they just make the rod rebuild kits.
Suzuki sells each crank half OEM for about $225 but then you have the cost of having it rebuilt and I would really never put one brand new half attached to an old half anyway.

Depending on the condition of the rest of the bike you have a couple options.
1. Keep looking for a good crank assembly on Ebay. Ask the seller a lot of questions and ask for large res pics.
2. Contact Cycles R Us to see if they have anything. http://www.cyclesrus.net/
3. Give up and part the bike out
4. Sell the bike to me as I'm always a sucker for RM rescues.

I like your first 2 options. I can't let myself do the 3rd and I'll keep you in mind on the 4th. now as I understand only the 92-95 cranks are compatable? 2 cranks just popped up on the eBay. one looks better then the other but they are from a 92 and a 95. mine is fine other than the primary gear came lose and chewed up the splines. so I should be able to make one good one. this is quite the challenge for me as my 2 stroke knowledge it's limited and the bike looks all original as far as bearings and bushings. got it for 100 maybe dump 600-800? into it and have a nice fun bike. I hope. I'll certainly take advice unless that advice is to junk it and buy something else. I bought a project and that's what I got. thanks

Mark

I don't know for sure on the years compatible, but 92-95 sounds realistic. Heck if you only paid $100 that sounds good for a project!

I may have what you need. I have a 9? I think 94 rm125 at my shop. It's missing a lot of stuff but could help your situation. Give me a call tomorrow during the day while I'm here and I will look up the vin. Pretty sure this crank is fine.

Keith Beamer
330-608-9113

Back