Plumbing and vehicles

hershey

PR Elite
The old saying .... "the more pipes you put in the easier it is to plug up the drain" is so true!

My truck has gone thru 2 computers in a few months time. Not a cheap fix. Finally found the culprit....the aftermarket stereo. Turns out the is a variable voltage serial data line that connects to the stereo to talk to the computer. The aftermarket stereo went goofy and was putting 12v to it and fried them. Why does the effing radio need to talk to the computer for anything???

ouch that blows!!! coulda bought yourself a couple real fancy head units for what that computer prob cost im sure!

Speed control volume maybe?
Ya know howw the radio gets louder as you speed up. I thought something was messin with it.

that.. or steering wheel controls.. or anything.. either way can probably unplug it and leave it unplugged

The speed sensitive volume, steering wheel controls, on star and all of the door chimes and buzzers go through the radio.

I knew all of this I just dont like how it needs to be tied to the trucks computer. There is no reason to have your stereo having the ability to not let the truck run IMO.

Its the NSA using your car's black box to monitor if you are listening to AM talk radio.

Lmao!

The black box does give the police and ins co info on accidents. I had 99 and the anti lock brakes failed on me twice, the truck lost all brakes at 5mph. They told me I was full of it. Finally a rep from chev came out and hooked up to the ecm. They analyzed the data, later they reimbursed me for the damages to the other car and fixed the truck. I sold it 2 weeks after the second accident, didnt trust it anymore.

Yeah, if the govt finds out you listen to Glen Beck or Sean Hanity you will get an IRS audit!

My brother in law had a similar issue with a radio in a Ford F150 after he put in a aftermarket radio when his went out. So GM is not the only manufacture that has the radio issue controlling many things.

I actually had the shop I bought it from install it. It was wired correctly, they replaced it and got everything working. I am waiting for their response for paying my $600 repair bill for the BCM though

Back