Crazy that no one has a set of reeds for a 2005 KX250 in stock!!

Scoob

PR Founding Father
NOTE TO SELF: If you own an older bike, the local shops may not carry your parts in stock... :(

Well, kinda lucky. Lucky you have them and are closer than Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, but unlucky in that I have the stock reed cage and little to no cash to buy that one. Definitely is on the list. Hopefully you have them when I am ready. Thanks!

At any rate, my contacts were either old, I was looking at the reeds cross-eyed, or looking to hard for something to blame my jetting issues on... Looking at the reeds tonight I am good...for now. Still need that V-force. I'll look you up sometime down the road my friend. Thanks! :)

Think was this week I needed them before tomorrow. Rocky Mountain gets them to me in 3 days and I've had good luck there. I'll take a look at Motosport.com. Thinking I have ordered from them before.

Just poor planning on my part, but all looks to be working out. We shall see tomorrow. :)

I try to support my dealers as much as possible. But please explain something to me. When I order a part from my local dealer, many times it is a week for them to get the part in stock. I can order from across the country, and have it on my step two days later.....and it is cheaper. Sorry, but have to go where I save money most of the time. I've tried to buy a few bikes from my same local dealer, and they are WAY too proud of their bike prices, and I've told them that, so I've gone other places to purchase bikes. Super nice guys, but I cant afford to buy too much there. Try to get what I can there to help out.

I try to support my dealers as much as possible. But please explain something to me. When I order a part from my local dealer, many times it is a week for them to get the part in stock. I can order from across the country, and have it on my step two days later.....and it is cheaper. Sorry, but have to go where I save money most of the time. I've tried to buy a few bikes from my same local dealer, and they are WAY too proud of their bike prices, and I've told them that, so I've gone other places to purchase bikes. Super nice guys, but I cant afford to buy too much there. Try to get what I can there to help out.
Motosport and rockymountainmc are the Walmarts of Mx dealerships! It's so hard not to shop at those online retailers with the pricing!

Although lately I talk with my local dealer and he matches or gets within $10 of motosports prices......they want our business....

Motosport and rockymountainmc are the Walmarts of Mx dealerships! It's so hard not to shop at those online retailers with the pricing!

Although lately I talk with my local dealer and he matches or gets within $10 of motosports prices......they want our business....

Yeah, they just make it too easy. I'd rather sorry local, but my lack of planning is what wouldn't allow me to. I try.

Busy lifestyles, and a changing market place. SOME dealers need to make some adjustments in their marketing. Motosport makes it so easy to order.....and have waiting for me two days later. I always thought everything came from Washington, but whenever I order now, its coming from a Virginia address, so it is two days.

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL INDEPENDENTLY OWNED DEALERSHIPS!!!!!
Thank you. That is all.

Yeah Whatever. Honda Northwest BLOWS. I would call for parts and as long as I ordered on Tuesday before 3, the parts would be in on Friday. No inbound freight, a little higher than the online guys but they are local. I stop in at lunch on a Tuesday (12:15) and have my list of parts. This is 3rd week in a row I have gone in and ordered. I tell the guy that I will see him on Friday when I pick the parts up. No, he says, next Friday. We have already done the Honda order for the week. We argue about the "cut off" time and finally a guy comes out of the back and says, "I did it early because it's been slow" I asked if he could add the parts to the existing order. "Nope" was the reply. Ok, cancel the order and I will order them online. I gave them the whole rap about trying to support my local vendor etc, etc, but if this is the kind of crap you guys are going to pull I guess you leave me no choice. Maybe they do not want to be in the parts game, who knows.

Yeah Whatever. Honda Northwest BLOWS. I would call for parts and as long as I ordered on Tuesday before 3, the parts would be in on Friday. No inbound freight, a little higher than the online guys but they are local. I stop in at lunch on a Tuesday (12:15) and have my list of parts. This is 3rd week in a row I have gone in and ordered. I tell the guy that I will see him on Friday when I pick the parts up. No, he says, next Friday. We have already done the Honda order for the week. We argue about the "cut off" time and finally a guy comes out of the back and says, "I did it early because it's been slow" I asked if he could add the parts to the existing order. "Nope" was the reply. Ok, cancel the order and I will order them online. I gave them the whole rap about trying to support my local vendor etc, etc, but if this is the kind of crap you guys are going to pull I guess you leave me no choice. Maybe they do not want to be in the parts game, who knows.

My experiences over the years with trying to get parts from my local independently owned dealerships has been lackluster at best. Wrong parts ordered, 'delays' in shipping, high prices, etc. It's easier and faster to do it yourself. Now if only I could order a new Honda online...

The internet has made it very easy, and quick. And in most Racers world, the quickness of getting the parts is the most important.

I could not agree more.

There is a surprise!!! Lol....

Seriously though, if you can find a dealer that actually cares about you and your order then consider yourself lucky and support them. All of the dealerships around me (about 5 around me) couldnt care less if your parts are here in the next 2 weeks. Kames on the other hand does stellar and tries hard. I use them most always. But they dont carry factory parts. :(

Ive bought my bike up at Honda east in toledo and they seem ok so far but I wouldnt brag

Scoob, it's not a jetting or reed problem....it's the color of the bike....blahahaha. You know someone had to do it!

Back