Red Bud Grass Track Race and XR Championship

Windtunnel36

PR Addict
Hey this weekend is the annual Grass track race at Red Bud. Practice Sat. on the pro track. Sunday race the grass track. Intermission on Sunday is the XR 80 Race which Dave Hughes has won 2 years running against some really fast Michigan guys. Dave has raced it 3 times. First year holeshot and chain came off. He came back the last 2 years with better bikes and spanked all that came. Two classes, single and double shock. We always have a good time. I hope some locals will show this year. Another local Mike Reisinger took third last year and Jim Benko is a regular attendee but has had some bad luck there, hope he can turn things around.

We all made it home from Red Bud. Weather was perfect fall like weather, sunny, 70's. They had a huge crowd for Sat. practice. My son said he was first practice and was going to wait. I said the track will be pefect you'd better go out. He led the first lap of practice and said it was very cool. The track was very deep sand. Dave H. fell down and hurt his shoulder so was doubtful for Sunday's race. The grass track looked like an old school Euro GP track and held up really well through out the day. There was a huge crowd for race day as well. Then came the XR race which they did on a shorter version of the grass track. 30 riders in the single shock class. But all the Ohio guys struggled, Dave with his shoulder the others with the fast crowd. It was another great weekend of camping, riding, and racing and fantastic weather. Larry Witmer is still a fast rider. Some guy on a Honda 500 spanked the fifty class. Connie Feist fought his way up to second. Fun time.

Back