Bad News For A Lot Of Us Hoping To Watch Monster Energy Cup Live

Elliott4179

PR Addict
Copied this from Racerx:

AURORA, Ill.– Feld Motor Sports[SUP]®[/SUP] announced today that the highly anticipated Monster Energy Cup will air live on the recently launched FOX Sports 2 from Las Vegas’ Sam Boyd Stadium on October 19 at 9:00 p.m. ET. Fans will enjoy 3.5 hours of live coverage as the biggest names in the sport battle it out for $1 million. The following day, FOX Sports 1 will re-air the entire race at 1:00 p.m. ET.

The popular team of Ralph Sheheen, Jeff Emig and Erin Bates will call the action as the world’s top racers, including Justin Barcia, Ryan Villopoto, James Stewart and Ryan Dungey, lay it on the line for a shot at $1 million on a fresh, new track designed by five-time Monster Energy Supercross Champion Ricky Carmichael.
“It’s great to hear that FOX Sports 2 is providing the fans at home 3.5 hours of live coverage from the Monster Energy Cup as I defend my title against the sport’s heavyweights in Las Vegas,” said defending champion Barcia.
“Heading into its third year, the Monster Energy Cup has quickly grown into one of the most anticipated races of the year, and showcasing it live on FOX Sports 2 will deliver this world class race to a new, multi-sport audience,” said Ken Hudgens, COO, Feld Motor Sports.

FOX Sports 2, an extension of FOX Sports 1, is a new national 24-hour multi-sport cable channel launched by FOX Sports on Aug. 17, 2013. FOX Sports 2 content platform focuses on a broader spectrum of live sporting events from around the globe, including the Monster Energy Cup, and connects with fans through entertaining studio shows and original programming.
“It’s awesome to be able to share a showcase event like the Monster Energy Cup live on FOX Sports 2,” said FOX Sports SVP of Programming and Research Patrick Crakes. “This world-class race delivers a very passionate, young and growing fan base. And while final touches are still being put on the 2014 Monster Energy Supercross programming schedule, we can now say that most of the season’s races will air live on FOX Sports 1, America’s new sports network.”

Why they would choose to air this on a channel many service providers don't even offer is beyond me? Bring back Speed please!

Reminds me of when races were on espn2, and I only had espn. Never saw them.

The good new is that you can go to Chillitown, get in some good riding, camp, watch the race, and then go racing yourself the next day!

The good new is that you can go to Chillitown, get in some good riding, camp, watch the race, and then go racing yourself the next day!
:)

A good dealio for sure...or get Time Warner in my area and be fine. We should have had another OMA event at Damon's in Newark!! Hoping for at least an A1 party again in 2014??? ;)

Directv also has MAVTV (CH 214) that broadcast the Endurocross series plus I've seen Quad and those souped up golf carts racing.

sucks to not be HD, but at least its not CBS. their coverage always had glitches. do they offer a computer option?

Back