Kx 65 upgrades.

nitrofish

PR Addict
Getting familiar with bikes again. Been out of the bike game for a while, especially minis. What are good mods (pipe, reeds, intake spacers, etc) are a good fit for an 09 kx 65? I will be rebuilding the top end over the winter also, is Wiesco still a favorite? I would appreciate some feedback on suspension tips as well. My pilot weighs in at a stout 62lbs with gear. What is legal to change or where can I find class rules if we were to look at running some amateur qualifiers next season. Thanks in advance. Ps, don't tell me to go buy a KTM either lol, not in the budget at this time.

Getting familiar with bikes again. Been out of the bike game for a while, especially minis. What are good mods (pipe, reeds, intake spacers, etc) are a good fit for an 09 kx 65? I will be rebuilding the top end over the winter also, is Wiesco still a favorite? I would appreciate some feedback on suspension tips as well. My pilot weighs in at a stout 62lbs with gear. What is legal to change or where can I find class rules if we were to look at running some amateur qualifiers next season. Thanks in advance. Ps, don't tell me to go buy a KTM either lol, not in the budget at this time.

That's a perfectly good motor.....for a quad!

www.mxsports.com is where you can find all of the rules for limited and mod classes. Not much you can do with the suspension on those bikes...it is their worst feature. Most suspension companies can make them a little better though. Wiseco still makes a great product so no worries there. VForce3 reeds are great but are not allowed in the limited classes for Loretta qualifiers. Pro Circuit is the best combo for the Kawi's. Generally speaking the KX65 is a bullet proof bike and does great for starter 65 but once your little man gets going you will want to look to KTM for the better power plant and suspension.

Thanks for the info Chilli! He has a ways to go yet to be competitive but he wants go fast parts for Christmas, lol. Jeremy the kx 65 motor is a popular choice on the mod quads. Don't worry we ain't leaving the quad world just yet, the little turd needs to get bigger and stronger to handle his 4 wheeled machine better, too many crashes this season. A good showing on the quad at a local national and a good showing at an area qualifier on the bike at the same facility next year would be cool eh! ;)

I think I have a bunch if extra parts for a kx 65.

Handguards and handguard mount, wheels, pipe etc. lemme dig around the garage. Ill let this stuff go cheap.

Thanks for the info Chilli! He has a ways to go yet to be competitive but he wants go fast parts for Christmas, lol. Jeremy the kx 65 motor is a popular choice on the mod quads. Don't worry we ain't leaving the quad world just yet, the little turd needs to get bigger and stronger to handle his 4 wheeled machine better, too many crashes this season. A good showing on the quad at a local national and a good showing at an area qualifier on the bike at the same facility next year would be cool eh! ;)

1 of 2 rumors confirmed......

Suspension set for his weight if possible, PC Plat pipe ( less maintenance) and R304 Silencer, Vforce reeds/ Reed Cage, Twin-Air filter, and a new set of Star-cross tires to hook up. Other then that just riiiiiide

Back