Action Sports GP October 19 Cancelled-Racing still on for Sunday

ActionSports

PR Addict
Due to the great deal of rain we received all day this Wednesday and Thursday and the 70% chance rain forecasted in the middle of the day Saturday, round 6 of the Action Sports Grand Prix Series, and round 3 of the OMA GP Series scheduled for this Saturday October 19 has been cancelled. We ARE still running Sunday. The OMA GP will run in conjunction with Sunday's racing. If we get the rain predicted this Saturday DURING the event and the ruts fill with rain we will not be able to repair the track for Sunday’s event when the weather forecast is sunny, breezy and in the mid 60’s. As hilly as our terrain is the track will be much better on Sunday if we let any rain we get Saturday run off.

We are looking to see if we can find another date to reschedule the race but due to other nearby events running every weekend throughout the rest of the year we currently do not see any date to reschedule it. If that holds true, the series will become a seven race series instead of eight races as intended. The season’s final GP events are on November 16 & 17. A rider must ride 5 races in the same class in order to be eligible for series awards.

After this Sunday’s Grand Prix our next event is the 29th Team Harescramble Championship of the World on November 9th and 10th. All motorcycles will race on Saturday and all quads will race on Sunday. There will be a 1 hour grand prix for all motorcycle classes only (no minis) during the quad intermission on Sunday. The Team Harescramble is not an AMA sanctioned event. No membership of any kind is required.

Drew, Kyle and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
Www.ActionSportsRacing.com<P><div class=after_content><blockquote class="signature restore"><div class=signaturecontainer>www.ActionSportsRacing.com</div></blockquote></div>

Nice. You have to be kidding me. I cant make the race unless I only come down for the 11 am 125B class that I am trying to win the series in. And its a 3 hr drive for me.

This is getting old.

Maybe I can get my family to reschedule my brothers birthday party from sunday ( that I fought for) back to saturday......

Maybe I can get my family to reschedule my brothers birthday party from sunday ( that I fought for) back to saturday......

Rain issues for every Action Sports GP this year. It's getting old...

hershey > Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!

There are usually some kids who run right with the pros in the 125/200B at Action Sports.

The Action Sports GP for Sunday October 20th WILL be running. We have had a small amount of rain today, though nothing that will affect the conditions of the race track. The weather is showing a great forecast, making for a great day of racing.

See you all here!

Drew, Kyle, and Ryan Wolfe
Action Sports Promotions
Www.ActionSportsRacing.com

That's great mooch. Weather should be dry but expecting mud at 11:00.

Get to bypass Nelsonville for the first time tomorrow!

bypass-open-art-gaqouam2-1bypass-open-blv-09-jpg.jpg

Oooh...I forgot about the 33 bypass being extended. Just so I don't blow it and go to far, can someone firm up with which exit on 33 (heading south) is the best for getting to Action Sports? Do I get off on the Nelsonville exit?

I haven't been on the finished bypass but my plan was to try both 691 out of Nelsonville and 682 through The Plains to see which way is quicker. With all the hours I've spent in Nelsonville traffic the years, I'm going to enjoy the change. My first MX race was right off from where the bypass now ends, way back in '74.

Back