More numbers...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
I know you all have been waiting on pins and needles waiting for another thread on Ohio numbers so here it is...

With the year almost over it is time to look at some very telling numbers. With all due respect to other "organizations" operating in and around the Great state of Ohio, these numbers are only from the OMA and the old district 11...

We had 46 different motocross events in the state so far. Of that 27 were OMA and 19 D-11.
1589 different humans attended at least one event this year. (571 in D-11 and 1165 in OMA)
In the 46 events we had 9562 riders receiving points. So that means the event average was 207.9 Not too bad...
In the 19 events in D-11 there were 3655 riders participating in 26 different classes. That equals 192.3 riders per event and 7.39 rider per class / per event.
In the 27 events held by the OMA, there were 5907 riders in 37 different classes. That equals 218.7 riders per event and 5.9 riders per class / per event.

Riders from 9 different states raced at least one event this year in Ohio. (2 of those starts were only one rider at one race)

Of the 1589 humans, over 200 of them also raced at LL. Unknown number tried to make it.

The best weekend of the year was July 14 when 583 riders entered two different events (Chili and DC... Both in the southern half of the state)
The highest number at one event was the battle race at BC with 437 riders receiving points.
The highest in the south was DC on 9/29 with 269 riders.

During the year we had 10 days where two different events were run on the same day. Half where better attended in the south and half in the north.

I am currently looking for real data from years back to get an idea of where we are historically.
yours to ponder.

I did not forget CRA... I have no idea how they run events. The point page shows 66 races. Some of them are single digit turnouts??? How do you have a points paying race with 4 riders???
Never been to a CRA event, I am sure it is full of good people that have a passion for our sport but WTH?

Multiple events on the same day. Extremely low turnouts. 39 classes. I would not till my garden for 4 riders, let alone a race track. How do tracks stay open?

More races does not equal more money... More riders equal more money.
Again, I don't know anything about CRA, but looks a lot like district 11 circa 1986. A ton of tracks with 15 races each year. And that is why most of them are long gone and what's left have cut WAY back.

Did not mean to "bash" on any organization... you brought it up :D

I got a spreadsheet of OMA vs CRA vs Southern mx in terms of entries on a daily basis of each weekend. I can tell you that CRA had the worst numbers, and easily the most events with less than 100 entries. Without pulling it up, I would guess that there were somewhere around 10-12 races with less than 100. Southern didn't fare too bad, they won a few head to head battles. However, I'm 100% positive that only one org had not only more than 300, but more than 400 entries at two events this season. Any guess ck?

Numbers are very cool. Without a doubt OMA had much bigger events and those types of races are what we need to shine the spotlight back on our area.
I am not the only one with a calculator, with the membership over 1700, most people will begin to ask "where is that money going?" Our friends in Columbus do put funds back into "motorcycling" (most of the time not motocross or for the betterment of) What if any are the plans to improve or give back to our sport

Numbers are very cool. Without a doubt OMA had much bigger events and those types of races are what we need to shine the spotlight back on our area.
I am not the only one with a calculator, with the membership over 1700, most people will begin to ask "where is that money going?" Our friends in Columbus do put funds back into "motorcycling" (most of the time not motocross or for the betterment of) What if any are the plans to improve or give back to our sport

1700 = swag........swag.....swag...swag..swag.swagswagswagswagswag......now make dat motha truckin.....money. swag....swag....swag...swag..swagswagswag.

Chris, I would love to see the numbers from Southern Ohio MX vs OMA without including Quads. Southern Ohio races have no quads, so did their events with the exception of the battle races actually draw more two wheel riders? I know looking at results, it always looks like the vet classes are larger in the Southern Ohio series.

If you toss that $h!t hole Pymatuning from the CRA numbers, I think the CRA wouldn't look so bad.

Chris I can assure you that everything is spent on direct overhead, stickers, shirts, and the banquet. We are registered as a non-profit with the Secretary of State of Ohio. I would wager that we are going to spend nearly 75% of available funds on the banquet. The rest went to various things that it took to build the OMA, software, membership cards, heck I think it was $500 from trackside to display the points like everyone else does. Jason and I have not collected a dime, we even started it out of our pockets till we could afford to pay ourselves back.

If you plan to argue numbers with me about OMA money, I'm not into it. This is preemptive statement, because you tend to foreshadow where your headed. I can give one number that I can guarantee, and it's how briarcliff will expand its black list if this conversation doesn't straighten up.

Lol. Wood and fish, you guys kill me. You just don't like me cause I told you the truth. Motorcycles don't like riding on the track after quads and a lot of the quad classes just don't have the numbers. (Alot of bike classes also don't have the numbers) But understand, I don't want to eliminate quads. I want to help grow your numbers because it helps our sport. Given the right track, I sometimes even enjoy watching the quads.
I have been and will continue to try to help motocross in and around our state. What can we do to help the quad side of things?
But remember, if there are 2 or 200 of you there on race day, I still want a disc on the track before I go out. Lol
Loosen up boys.
And be sure to wear plenty of tear-offs when reading my posts. I sling plenty of s@#t.

Lol. Wood and fish, you guys kill me. You just don't like me cause I told you the truth. Motorcycles don't like riding on the track after quads and a lot of the quad classes just don't have the numbers. (Alot of bike classes also don't have the numbers) But understand, I don't want to eliminate quads. I want to help grow your numbers because it helps our sport. Given the right track, I sometimes even enjoy watching the quads.
I have been and will continue to try to help motocross in and around our state. What can we do to help the quad side of things?
But remember, if there are 2 or 200 of you there on race day, I still want a disc on the track before I go out. Lol
Loosen up boys.
And be sure to wear plenty of tear-offs when reading my posts. I sling plenty of s@#t.

If you truly want to help the sport, go buy a bike and ride. That's what everyone reading our Internet garbage can do. People ask me all the time what can I do to help. Most people think that the only way they can help is at the executive decision making level so they throw in their opinions. Wrongo. The biggest thing any of us can do is marketing and supporting local dealers like Mid Ohio and Honda of Marysville. If we truly want to pull the sport back up to where it was, then we all need to get riding, and tell all your friends about it, everyone here can market for the sport. We as a group have the best chance to grow the sport through our actions and words, not just grand schemes on the Internet.

And my last response was one made by a bitter cold promoter who was on the dozer for tree hours with a numb nose. But seriously do not question our integrity and use of OMA funds.

Back