Help me out!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Since my dad was busted up pretty bad at BC this past august we were talking the other day. I said something about, "well I guess you won't be riding anymore eh?"

He goes: "No, I'll ride, but I think i'll stick to what I knew, a 2 stroke 250."

I've been scouring craiglist. I want to find a 93-96 CR 250. Restore it to show room. His last new 250 was a 95 CR 250 I think. Could of been a 96, but he also had a 94. He kept it pretty much stock and I have a picture of him at Loretta's in 95 that I want to replicate the bike and surprise him with it either next spring or late February when we go to florida.

Anyway: Do any of you know of any 94-96 CR 250s that a guy is willing to sell? Ideally I'd like to find one that isn't extremely ratted out. But I will take a rough bike that I will completely go through. Might be hard to find parts.....but I want to do something for my dad so he can enjoy it. He's 54 now, so time on a bike is limited...
1137968317_1994hondacr250.jpg

1995hondacr250.jpg

I remember these two bikes as a kid going to the races with him.

Careful, do a little history homework first. (TALK WITH MOSHER)
I had those year Hondas too and somewhere in there is a year that Honda had Crank issues (that required a recall) and another year that had the forks snapping in half because of bad heat-treatment. I think they did a partial recall on that.

Great bikes though!!
Still good enough today....

Ill have to see what year didn't have those problems. Ill just dress it to look like a 95 or 96 but pick up one that isn't recalled. Lol

Mosher....need input. Lol.

I just did a rebuild on a 96 over last winter. Mine has a 94 Motor and 1996 everything else. The 95-96 is for sure the frame you want. 94 and Older had a issue with them Stretching so they did a little different weld to 95-96 to make them stronger. Surprisingly it was pretty easy to find parts. 96 the switched from Showa to Kayaba for one year and then back to Showa in 97 on the aluminum frame, but I had no trouble finding springs and seals and bushings for my Kayabas. They are sweet bikes and surprisingly not as far from modern as one would think. I took mine to a race this summer and won the 16-24 class on it. I did a Mcgrath replica but the stock 95's look way better to me now.

http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/mcy/4143104507.html

I don't know how far Battle Creek Michigan is for you but that bike looks pretty decent.

this is Ryan on his 96... should of seen this pile when we got it

Attachments

• 96 movinon.jpg
    96 movinon.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 127
I have a 2006 RM 250, Great shape, ready to ride. fresh gold valves put in.
Gonna get rid o everything.

King quad, couple minis , golf carts, 2009 crf 230, too much stuff. ( no the 125 stays )

New dungey, older new Dungey and 125.

The 96 I own has been in our family since 96 with none of these issues that were described. I'm not an expert, but Adam Johnson has been through them all (90-up 125's, 250's, and 500's) and is currently building a 92(?)CR500. He knows his sheit, or can find the answer. I really feel that I just have had the rare opportunity of owning a totally mechanically sound bike. I've only serviced the suspension, thrown in a few pistons/rings, and thanks to some great advice from Jim598, added a flywheel weight. One must also remember, that I'm not very abusive to my bikes (read slow). My 96 is the one that will always sit in MY garage until "death-do-us-part."...or Tom Ballinger wants to borrow it to ride.

My dad had a 96 in 2001-2004. He used to let me ride it at dirtworld all the time. Going from an 80 to that thing was incredible. And that 96 bike ran good.

95 was the one with the recalls, I would say at this point though, if there was one that didn't have the recalls done, if the part was defective, either forks or crank, it surely would have failed by now.

Hi Georgie if you want to pm me my friend has low hr. 1993 cr 250 he might want to sell . He wont sell it cheep .

Back