Nice-NON-Current Class RM 250 for sale

That is a nice one! It's a '92 though. I had a couple of them through the years, nothing will turn underneath them.
I raced one at Mid-Ohio in 2012, Pit has video footage how that turned out!

The guy from battle creek sounds like your grade A genuine motocross idiot.

First thing he said: this was the bike McGrath raced. And then I said yea he also races a 2013 model in California so that doesn't really matter.

Tires are brand new he says: uh. No they aren't.

See this is a shot in the dark. The pictures are just good enough for me to travel to look at it. Then once in the flesh have it it to be a clapped out nightmare of a turd. I got a feeling I'll get to battle creek michigan and be pissed off I blew $200 in gas to get it. On the other hand it could be a diamond in the rough. Still it is t worth 1350. I might give him 600 for it. 700 if he meets me in Toledo.

Well I couldn't resist and I went out and took a look at it.

I did not buy it. He said he is pretty firm on the price now and had other people interested so I passed. I think those pics are not current as there is much more wear on the shroud graphics and side panels than shows in these pics, and also the rear fender is broken and zip tied back on. He's not joking about the silencer needed re-packed, as it's just a wide-open silencer can with no core, packing, or end cap.

All that said, it's not bad and would make a nice base for a restore project. Most of the bike is pretty un-abused, tight, and original. Considering I've got four of those going on right now I didn't want to take on another. Nice guy and he's certainly not being dishonest about anything.

I was like that with KTM parts on Ebay for a long time......... I had to just go Cold Turkey and stop buying stuff. I can build multiple bikes from parts and didn't need all of them. Then I got a Husaberg anyway.........

Oh well, spend your money on what you like, what are you gonna do with it when you're dead? Or we have a 50% tax rate anyway?

I was like that with KTM parts on Ebay for a long time......... I had to just go Cold Turkey and stop buying stuff. I can build multiple bikes from parts and didn't need all of them. Then I got a Husaberg anyway.........

Oh well, spend your money on what you like, what are you gonna do with it when you're dead? Or we have a 50% tax rate anyway?

what 'berg do you have? I loved mine back in 99 the 501 needed a little more on the bottom but the 600 was killer.

I have a 2010 FX 450 that has been turned into a FX 520, or as the Pitracer Posse calls it…….. the Husabusa, I'd like to get into a FX 576 with a crank out of their 570 bike if I could. A set of Works WP Cone Valve Forks, and a WP WOrks shock on it…… Love it! Turns awesome yet has the KTM stability I was used to at the same time.

Mine were both FC's. Left foot kick on a 600 took some arse. Have not got to ride the newer ones with the crazy horizontal engine. I have always thought "bergs were cool looking bikes. When I raced that off-road stadium tour back in 99 I would keep my bike in the hotel room so I could just look at it. Well that and so no one tried to break into the van and take it. Husabusa... love it

Mine is the Horizontal engine version that they discontinued in 2013…. actually 2012, since they brought no 4 strokes into the USA in 2012 only 2 strokes. But the engine has some cool advantages with the layout, along with a few disadvantages when working on it. To ride, it's great….. to work on it, it's a pain. I love the bike, but I'm the only Husaberg at the MX track almost anytime. Most of them found light in the off road world and since it's KTM owned, most of my other stuff still worked with the bike, like wheels, brakes, and spares anyway. I rode an old 501 back in the day that a buddy raced and liked the power…. it was a little rough in the finish department, but the motor was strong!

Well it must have been meant to be....I looked at this bike several months ago and passed because I had too many projects. Now I've gotten a lot done, have a fresh dose of tax return in my pocket, and voila!! The bike showed back up on CL! Except this time it has a brand new Pro Circuit silencer!

Also different this time is that it is now sitting in my garage!

01212_5LhyHB5Dn6k_600x450.jpg

You're nuts...
That's the year DD had that he was blazing fast on. A 125 though.
That is a nice bike to start with.

Good for you. I'm sure you will work your magic on it. Anxious to see your progress and then at the gate for some non-current use.

My '92 RM125 is back in action after a drive from Northern Kentucky to Parma for an engine rebuild by ParmaDave. He is a great guy and delivered exactly the service he promised - both on time and on budget. Couldn't ask for more.

DanO

Cool, what was wrong with the '92?

And Sharc, nuts is being too kind to describe me! '96 RM125 for sale!

John - You need to step away from the check book, Craig's List, and eBay. You have a problem and I'm freakin' jealous of it. Another nice project. I need to stop soon and see the whole stable.

"Hello, my name is John Kreps, AKA Vet 261, and I have an addiction."

I am sure you will make the bike like new. But man, that was one of those years when Yamaha and Suzuki were battling to see who could produce the ugliest bikes. Actually '92 was not so bad for Yamaha, it was from '93-'95

Cool, what was wrong with the '92?

It fired for less than a second and lost compression. I was thinking head gasket, broken circlip, ring, or something like that. Before I pulled head and cylinder I talked with Dave. He knows this engine well and said the crank was also likely bad so went ahead with a full rebuild. I could have managed a top end but have never split cases or anything like that so off to Dave for a full rebuild. The cylinder was still OK and didn't need re-plated. New bearings, seals, crank, piston, rebuilt water pump, etc. later it runs great. I should be set with it for a while now.

Dave is a good machinist also and rebuilt a worn out brake pedal on my '79 KX250. That part is discontinued from Kawasaki and the cheapest e-bay NOS replacement I found was $200.00. Dave machined and pressed in a new sleeve into the wallowed out bolt hole. Now nobody will ask me why I had a cut out from margarine tub lid glued to the side of the engine case. It was to keep the brake pedal side to side motion from wearing through the case.

2013 Indiana Motorcross 015.jpgBowling Green mx 2013 182.jpg

Back