2014 National Schedule Announced

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
MX Sports released the official 2014 Schedule for National MX Series:

2014 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship Schedule
May 24Glen Helen NationalSan Bernardino, Calif.
May 31Hangtown Motocross ClassicSacramento, Calif.
June 7Thunder Valley NationalLakewood, Colo.
June 14High Point NationalMt. Morris, Pa.
June 28Tennessee NationalBlountville, Tenn.
July 5RedBud NationalBuchanan, Mich.
July 12Budds Creek NationalMechanicsville, Md.
July 19Spring Creek NationalMillville, Minn.
July 26Washougal NationalWashougal, Wash.
August 9Unadilla NationalNew Berlin, N.Y.
August 16Indiana NationalCrawfordsville, Ind.
August 23Utah NationalTooele, Utah

<tbody>
</tbody>

As a comment, they certainly don't make it easy on the teams traveling back and forth across the country following the races do they. They could make it a lot less travel on the teams with a road map that follows around the country making stops along the way. Something of an order like this could make a little more easy travel schedule with a shuffling of the dates:

1. Glen Helen - Southern California
2. Hangtown - Northern California
3. Thunder Valley Lakewood, Colorado
4. Tennessee National - Tennessee
5. Indiana National - Indiana
6. Red Bud - Michigan
7. High Point - Pennsylvania
8. Unadilla - New York
9. Budds Creek - Maryland
10. Spring Creek - Minnesota
11. Utah National - Utah
12. Washougal - Washington

That would have them crossing the country only 2 times, coming this way and going back. Currently, they cross the country 4 times with the schedule as listed with a long way between some stops. Keep them close and weave along the way over and back and make it easier to travel for all those that have to follow the series.

As a comment, they certainly don't make it easy on the teams traveling back and forth across the country following the races do they. They could make it a lot less travel on the teams with a road map that follows around the country making stops along the way. Something of an order like this could make a little more easy travel schedule with a shuffling of the dates:

6. Red Bud - Michigan
8. Unadilla - New York
11. Utah National - Utah

That would have them crossing the country only 2 times, coming this way and going back. Currently, they cross the country 4 times with the schedule as listed with a long way between some stops. Keep them close and weave along the way over and back and make it easier to travel for all those that have to follow the series.

Yeah, they ain't considering the little guy. :( I do like that Glen Helen is back at #1. All we need now is Steel City at 12....or 13...

Where is it in Indiana? Is the UTAH track that stupid man made outdoor SX MX Windtunnel track again?

http://www.promotocross.com/

And think of all that Lake Elsinore and Pala money that went up in smoke after just a year or two at each place. Someone really got the shaft on those dealings and spent a lot of money to have only a couple events.

And Yes, Utah is the same manmade SX style track on a pile of windblown dust for a National. Not good.........

And think of all that Lake Elsinore and Pala money that went up in smoke after just a year or two at each place. Someone really got the shaft on those dealings and spent a lot of money to have only a couple events.

And Yes, Utah is the same manmade SX style track on a pile of windblown dust for a National. Not good.........

All I can find on Crawfordsville, IN is this: http://gnccracing.com/event/ironman

That is the same place that they are going to have the MX National at. There was some talk about them making lots of parking for a National and probably building a track there this year to get it all set up. New place altogether for MX, I believe. It has been a stop on the GNCC tour for quite some time already, which the Coombs family also runs, so they are tying up with venues that they already have a relationship with.

images

national600.jpg

images

Yeah, not sure at all why they don't call it the muddy creek national. Maybe the coombs just rent the track that day, and the owners of muddy creek have nothing to do with it. Could be?? Utah sucks!! And Rocket..........seriously, your making WAY too much sense when you talk about making the travel shorter and smarter. They have never done that in SX or MX.

6. Red Bud - Michigan
8. Unadilla - New York
11. Utah National - Utah

I agree with that too. I always hate how these makes these poor privateers spend $10,000 more than they have to. Try to grow the sport, maybe it will reel in more spectators. Sheesh. And maybe it will allow Weston Peick to fight for a championship on a privateer bike.....

That's a good line up but I say take it a step further and start west and come finish east in maryland.

That is the same place that they are going to have the MX National at. There was some talk about them making lots of parking for a National and probably building a track there this year to get it all set up. New place altogether for MX, I believe. It has been a stop on the GNCC tour for quite some time already, which the Coombs family also runs, so they are tying up with venues that they already have a relationship with.

DC just last week posted a thread on vitalmx with pictures of what they are doing to the place. It looks really cool. Has to be in the first five pages, can't have gotten to far down the thread list...

Yeah, not sure at all why they don't call it the muddy creek national. Maybe the coombs just rent the track that day, and the owners of muddy creek have nothing to do with it. Could be?? Utah sucks!! And Rocket..........seriously, your making WAY too much sense when you talk about making the travel shorter and smarter. They have never done that in SX or MX.

Sam Gammons with victory sports promotes the Tennessee national.

Bitch???....Really?

You bitch on here, I state my opinion, big difference.

If it was called the "Ohio National" I would still “Bitch” it’s a lame name.

Now, if they added an X, well that would make it cutting edge..

Back