Ohio Motorcycle ( Hilliard & Oakwood V) Out of Business

1foxracing

PR Addict
Message from their Facebook page-
WE WANT TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF OUR CUSTOMERS FOR THE SUPPORT AND DEDICATION OVER THE YEARS BUT AS OF TODAY (11/9/2013) WE ARE NO LONGER OPEN. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE CALL DURING REGULAR BUSINESS HOURS AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO ASSIST YOU.

I have a friend that just purchased a new streetbike there last week and now he is hoping he will still get the title. If you ordered parts from them or you have a bike there being serviced I would be contacting them bright and early Monday.

Crazy about this. We drove by there yesterday and everything is still inside. They had a ton of inventory and it's all still in there. We stopped to see if they had stuff on sale because they posted they would still be open to finish any lose ends but they were closed.

My friend was reassured he would receive his title in a couple weeks. Word I heard is all new motorcycle inventory would be returned to the manufactures, have no idea about riding appeal or used motorcycles though. Since Holeshot can't answer me back about a new KTM streetbike I guess I'll have to purchase it in TX or AZ and ride it home.

Very sad to see them go. The bike I ride there came from there. If you looking for a KTM street bike check Point view Cycles in Canfield before you go out of state. They were working on getting street bikes in the store. Call them and ask for Jason, he will help you out.

PRobably closed because they sucked at selling bikes. I've walked into the cleveland one with cash 3 different times trying to make a deal on a bike and they had little interest in selling one to me. Tried to give it a shot because they are local but they were awful.

Ohio Motorcyles - Hilliard

I just spoke with a lady at the Hilliard location - they are closing due to pressure from the manufacturers to spend more $ on inventory, parts, additional showroom footage etc - and in a time when sales are not as strong they just cant keep the doors open. Some employees there have worked for them almost 30 years. Inventory, parts & apparel are still in limbo so she said to check back...

I do agree with Crute about bike sales. I am suprised that we actually bought a bike there. We frequently went in there to shop around and there prices were always high and they never wanted to budge. We got lucky that one time. We would go there if we needed something in a pinch like no toil or a spark plug, much past that they had nothing in stock and took forever to get it ordered.

im trying to buy a new honda 110 right now and was going to go up there the other day just for the heck of it.. throw some cash in there face to see if they would budge on it. guess i missed that opportunity lol.

Tuff time to be a dealer. I can name at least 10 shops within 50 miles of me that have closed in the past 5 years.
With parts and gear so cheap and convenient on the interweb, most shops are surviving on service. If a dealer sells for much less then MSRP they are going to close like the rest. 141 hit the nail on the head. The OEM's are requiring the dealers to buy larger and larger "packages" of bikes and the upfront money is just not there.
Ten years ago we had the "Fifth Dragon" in our backyard, They were doing millions and millions and BAM. Its gone. If it can happen to them then no shop is safe.

Very sad to see a shop close. Not only is it an essential for our sport, it was always a good time to just go hang out. Luckily I have the best shop in the state (KRW) less then 5 miles from my home.

Didn't know KRW was still around. Kirk made my ATK and 520 WP's work like they should.

He moved to a new shop after the fire. They are now on Main st. in Englewood (closer to Dayton). Kirk is the best.

Never could understand how they stayed open as long as they did. Every time I went in there, even on a Saturday, there was never more than a few people in the store. Most of the newer dealers don't stock much in the way of parts. The only ones that do are the old timers like Sills and Breyleys. State 8 sells a lot of bikes because they do wheel and deal.
Mike Hawkins

My friend was reassured he would receive his title in a couple weeks. Word I heard is all new motorcycle inventory would be returned to the manufactures, have no idea about riding appeal or used motorcycles though. Since Holeshot can't answer me back about a new KTM streetbike I guess I'll have to purchase it in TX or AZ and ride it home.
championship in Wauseon is a ktm street bike dealer. do a dealer search on ktm.com/us

championship in Wauseon is a ktm street bike dealer. do a dealer search on ktm.com/us

Thanks, found their site http://www.championshippowersports.com/ and they do online quotes. General manager replied back with in 10min with a honest answer. The particular bike I want is a new model and won't even be in the USA till Feb and he replied they won't know MSRP until mid Dec.
I don't mind going out of state or even across the country though, the TX dealer I bought my newest Ducati from had the best price and didn't charge me sales tax. I flew out, the salesman picked me at the airport and drove me to the dealer, I handed him a cashiers check then rode home the long way.

Back