09 CRF450R fuel filter????

JMOORE330

PR Addict
I was talkin to someone at Apple Cabin this past summer about my bike being hard to start somtimes. And he mentioned that the fuel filters on the 09 especially need to be takin care of. So do i just replace it or can it be cleaned or is this not an actual issue at all that i should ever worry about? Thanks for the info guys.

you can clean it but it nevers comes completely clean. honda sells a filter kit with a new filter and orings for fuel tank and filter. had to change my filter twice on my 09 in one season of riding. you will notice power loss or bogging when it starts to get clogged up.

you can clean it but it nevers comes completely clean. honda sells a filter kit with a new filter and orings for fuel tank and filter. had to change my filter twice on my 09 in one season of riding. you will notice power loss or bogging when it starts to get clogged up.

Ok thanks for the info. I have never done mine so ill probably just change it this winter. It does seem like its lost a lil power latley. But i thought maybe it was just bc ive been ridin more.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I am looking at the schematics for the fuel tank/pump on bike bandit and im not finding any sort of filter available without buying the entire pump for a 2009? But I just looked at a 2011 and I do see that the "filter Kit" is available for that year. Are they the same filters, o rings, etc? OR am I missing something here....

I bought a filter for mine at the Honda Dealership. It was $30+. I have a shop manual so I was able to get the number.

Back